Old September 10th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikes View Post
|| @Dust ||

Observant as he was, it didn't take long for Birchkit to notice that he wasn't the only explorer out today. The fluffy tom stared at the new arrival with curiosity, unaware of how deeply his eyes bore into the splotched kit. It could be seen as a challenging stare, though Birchkit was in no mood to fight. The world outside was glorious, and it wasn't as if he were there to cause trouble. The nameless explorer wasn't his enemy, of course. If anything, they were allies in their little adventure. Processing his surroundings and the lighter-furred cat trembling by him, he simply smiled in a friendly manner, wondering if the kit would even be able to see him with how tightly his eyes were squeezed shut. Maybe it would be best to get his attention another way.

"Hi," the dark tabby piped up, grey-tipped paws shuffling in the slightest. He wasn't the most confident kit in the nursery, at times he even came off as unsocial, but that simply wasn't true. Quiet, yes, but he was beginning to learn how to approach other cats his age. He wondered why the short-furred kit had left the safer confines of the nursery if he was shaking in fear. Maybe he just needed some support? Birchkit waited at the ready, aware of how the strength of his family's bond kept him feeling safe. Maybe this kit just needed some support, too. "...I'm Birchkit."
Pebblekit was roused from his anxiety upon hearing the other, his eyes flashing open and head swiveling around to find the source of the voice. Another kit? The small kitten seemed a bit surprised to find someone else close to his age out of the nursery. From what Pebblekit had been told, only older kits were allowed out... although maybe that was just Softflower being overprotective of her sons. The thought had crossed Pebble's mind, but he knew his mother knew best. "Hi Birchkit..." His voice was barely a whisper as he addressed the other. I don't know this kit... In fact, Pebblekit didn't seem to know anyone else other than his brother, Webkit, and his new friend, Sweetkit. He smelled familiar, but then again everyone in the nursery smelled the same. Regardless, the familiarity of it relaxed Pebblekit enough to compose himself and slowly rise to his little paws. Hesitation filled his hazel gaze as he cautiously looked over the other kit only to determine he looked safe and quite friendly by the smile on his maw.

"I'm Pebblekit." The anxiety once gripping his chest now ebbed away, very clearly shown as Pebble's entire body relaxed. Ears swiveled forward in attention, tail perked up in interest, and, though he was much smaller than Birchkit, head raised to match his gaze. "I haven't seen you in the nursery before." He mewled quietly. While the confrontation from Birch had helped to calm down Pebble, he still remained weary. The kitten had never been a fan of rough-housing and it seemed like it was all any kit wanted to do. I'll just run back to Softflower's nest if he wants to fight. Devising the plan in his head, Pebblekit unintentionally lurched forward on his paws appearing quite close to Birchkit's face. Nursery-scent filled his nostrils. "Do you come out here often?"

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart