View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2017, 01:01 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
Quietly poking her head through the den, Settingpaw's blue eyes widened at the sight of it. Her nose twitched slightly as the smells hit her nose, making her want to sneeze, but breathe them all in deeply at the same time. "Wow, I haven't been in one of these for a long time." She muttered under her breath, padding deeper into the medicine den. The last time she had been in a medicine cat's den was in Thunderclan, when she was a mere kit, going in for a checkup of her brother, who was sick. She remembered he had ended up dying, so that wasn't a pleasant memory. But remember Settingpaw. You're in Riverclan now. It's different. The young apprentice had hoped when she came to this clan to be reunited with her father, but so far, that hadn't gone so well. She hadn't even talked to him! But she had only been here for one day, having arrived early yesterday morning.
While she was looking around, Settingpaw reminded herself she was supposed to be looking for the medicine cat. She had been told that she was very young still, and Setting felt sympathy for the young cat. Even though she hadn't met her yet, she wouldn't know what she would do if she was a full medicine cat at the age she was currently. Spotting a cat curled in a nest, Settingpaw supposed that was Juniperpaw. She didn't know what she looked like, but this cat looked younger, so she decided to approach her. "Um, sorry to disturb you, but are you the medicine cat?"
Juniperpaw didn't even hear Settingpaw's approaching pawsteps, having been so engulfed in her own thoughts. She finally realized someone was in her den, looking for her attention, when she heard a quiet, questioning voice from a few tail-lengths away. Juniperpaw raised her head, looking over her shoulder to meet the gaze of her next patient. She hoped this feline wasn't dying of some internal injury, resulting in the young medicine cat having to feed her deathberries to put an end to her misery. That had happened twice too many times.

``Oh,`` she meowed, somewhat surprised to see a she-cat just a little older than herself. Juniperpaw adjusted her position, scrambling to her paws and turning to face the other molly. ``Actually, yes, I am. Juniperpaw at your service, what may I do for you?`` With an incredibly small knowledge of herbs, there wasn't much Juniperpaw could tend to, but she would later be visiting both ShadowClan camp and SkyClan camp for training with the other medicine cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post

(Oof sorry this took a bit! If you need to speed it up to get to other patients just let me know!)

The elder remained on her side, her chest heaving as a weary sigh left her throat. She had been expecting this. She had hoped something would help her. Slowly and ever so gingerly, Phantomwhisper rolled onto her belly and shakily rose to her paws, sitting back down as she ushered the young cat forward. She began to speak, her voice raspy as she held back a few tears, a lump settled in her throat.

"I would be lying if I said I didn't expect this..." A silence passed over her as a spasm of pain shook her body. After it passed, she continued a bit winded. "This isn't your fault, you're barely just an apprentice. I'm sorry to task you with something like this. Honestly, I was practicing what to say before I came." Phantomwhisper admitted, her voice light with humour. It faded quickly. "I came to see if you could assist me to Starclan. I've lived a good life... I've served my clan, I've watched it rise and fall. I've seen the trees wither and die for many moons." She paused as her gaze seemingly fell onto nothing but quickly redirected onto the medicine cat, soft but intense.

"The sun will rise again tomorrow. Some things just can't be helped... I'm an old cat." A hoarse chuckle left her throat as she shook her head slowly and nodded towards the direction of the herb store. "Your job as a medicine cat is to help your clan. I'm asking that you help me get rid of this pain, even if it is difficult for you."
[ No, don't worry about it! I just thought I could handle two roleplays at once in the same place. Aren't I a rebel? ]

Juniperpaw almost told Phantomwhisper to lie back down, but she paused as the elder feline started speaking with a light layer of clear tears lining her eyes. Despair seemed to radiate off Phantomwhisper, engulfing Juniperpaw in a cloud of it. Though the medicine cat knew what was coming, she did not want to admit it. This had already happened once - just a few moments before the older cat entered the den. Juniperpaw wasn't particularly eager for it to happen again, especially when, as a medicine cat, she should be able to prevent these things.

This isn't your fault, you're barely just an apprentice. Of course it's my fault! I should be able to keep you alive, out of pain, even if just for a few days! Juniperpaw was the medicine cat of RiverClan after Geckoleaf's tragic disappearance. She should be able to tend to her clan, but she couldn't even do that! If Geckoleaf were here, she'd know just what to do... But Juniperpaw's mentor had abandoned her to suffer! Hurt flooded the young cat's heart, and she felt herself struggling to maintain strength, but luckily, she was able to keep her legs from trembling.

``I've done this once before, Phantomwhisper, to end the misery of a young kit. I've yet to bury his small body, because his death is very recent. It was only a few moments before you came to me when I kill- when he died. This kit was my first patient, and I couldn't save him.`` Juniperpaw shook her head sadly, avoiding the elder cat's gaze. Instead, she stared directly at her own paws which seemed to be firmly planted to the ground. ``Now you want me to go through that again? Call me selfish, but I don't know if I have the strength to do that again.`` She inhaled heavily, holding her breath for a few quick seconds before exhaling. Don't you dare sob, this isn't the time to wail like a kit without its mother. ``But I- I suppose I can gather the strength for just a little while. If you're sure this i- this is what you desire?``