Thread: New Beginnings
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2017, 06:33 PM
led into temptation

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: New Beginnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Now having a clear visual of the other cat, he saw the bristling fur and unsheathed his claws, bearing his teeth. Icarius had never fought another cat in his life, but at the moment that didn't matter. He was ready to take down this other tom if he had to, he had faith in his size. After all, when he wrestled with his siblings in the nursery, his size always helped him win!
He didn't acknowledge the fact that the other tom was still bigger than him, or maybe he did and just chose to ignore it, regardless, the grey tabby lashed his tail back and forth with a low growl. When the cat gave it's name, a look of confusion crossed his face. Is that supposed to make me back off? Does that mean he's friendly or something? What am I supposed to do if he tells me his name?! Well, Mercury's fur didn't lay flight and he didn't seem to relax at all so neither did Icarius, though he wasn't baring his teeth any more.
It was when Shadow leaped down, repeating the cats name did the young tom fully let his spine relax, though he couldn't quite get his fur to lay flat yet. Flicking his ear with an uncertain look, he padded up to Shadow's side, sheathing his claws now. "Who is he? Is he one of your friends?"
He tried to recall if his trainer had mentioned him, maybe she did when she informed him they were leaving and he was still half asleep. Maybe that's it. Or maybe she didn't. Lately, before the Syndicate broke up, all that was on his mind was herbs and trying to remember what he was being taught. Now it was just a big jumble that he was still trying to make sense of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleka View Post

Mercury slightly curled his muzzle at the scent of herbs, also announcing Shadow's arrival from the tree other than sight. He smiled awkwardly, flicking an ear as if too dismiss the thought. "Well, I kind of didn't die," He started, trotting forward to nervously touch his nose with her for a moment. Joy was bubbling under his pelt, he was kind of surprised that he wasn't floating off, with the feeling of floating.
He just felt so giddy about it, and he felt slightly just... silly thinking about it. The tom flicked his tail once, trying to suppress it. "Who are you exactly?" He suddenly asked the younger cat, though it sounded pretty rude, which was unintentional. He could see the herbs, and both smell the herbs on both on them, as well as see the scraps of green and other natural shades on their maw and paws.
He was now fully relaxed, and his sleek fur was well, sleek again. Really, the only thing that showed his slight agitation and stress was his slowly lashing tail. The destruction of the Dusk Syndicate was just all too stressful for the feline, who had lived there all his life, and that was all he had ever known.
"ooking at Mercury and back at Icarius. She nuzzled him reassuringly before speaking. "He's one of my friends, he's no threat." She mewed,
looking back up. The tortie flicked her tail as her eyes looked over at the tom.
Further examining him, she noticed he didn't look to bad. He still had that handsome charm to his awkward actions. And Shadow felt a little warm under her fur. As she did when they first talked so long ago. "But I'm sure if he wasn't Icarius, you would have protected me." Shadow mewed.