Thread: New Beginnings
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 04:31 PM
led into temptation

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: New Beginnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Tail flicking slowly back in forth in his slight uneasiness, he tried to get himself to accept that Shadow knew this cat, but he wasn't sure about him yet. Maybe it's because he didn't really come off as friendly, or talkative, he seemed awkward in a way and that made Icarius unsure of his intentions even if his trainer knew him. He's learned that cats in the Syndicate couldn't always be trusted, they always loved to backstab and hurt others when they least expected it. Even if you thought of them as a friend.
But even the young tom couldn't help but relax as Shadow gave him a reassuring nuzzle, forcing him to stop flicking his tail about anxiously and sit down. I'll believe you Shadow. But the second he shows any bad intentions, he's not sticking around.
Ears perking up as the tom questioned him, in what most certainly came off as a rude tone, he stood back up and seemed to puff out his chest slightly."I'm Icarius! I'm her trainee, so if you want to get to her, you're going to have to go through me. I don't care if you're her friend, I don't know you."Slowly sitting back down at his trainers side, he looked over as she mewed that she was sure he would have protected her if it came down to it, grinning brightly. "You bet I would've!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleka View Post

Mercury frowned slightly at what Icarius said. He wasn't really upset or anything like that about what he had said... the Egyptian Mau just was kind of annoyed about the whole "and you'll have to get through me!" matter as a whole. Besides, this younger cat was younger than him, and was, well, used to be, training as a healer. The lean tom kind of had no doubt that if he wanted to, he really would have no problem "getting through him" which he wouldn't... obviously.
How great this was going then. Great. "Uh, hello Icaruis, I already introduced myself so..." He said, slightly hunching his shoulders. What was he supposed to say after all? He just kind of had to hope that either one of them would keep the slightly brief conversation going. He flicked an ear at an incoming thought. Sometimes you seem hopeless as a relatively normal cat.
Was he supposed to sit now, to make it seem to the others that he was more comfortable with the current situation? Since the other two weren't sitting, would they interpret it just him being weird? Why did Mercury have to be so awkward? Unlike him, it seemed a lot of cats had no problem just keeping a simple conversation flowing. Why couldn't he do it? Why did he just have to be so... weird sometimes?
The molly walked quickly over to the cat. Nuzzling him softly, He backed away with a large smile. She wasn't exactly sure what to say, but her emotion just bubbled out. "You should come with us!" She mewed,hardly thinking. The tortoiseshell mewed, eyes wide. What would her trainee think? Shadow half regretted speaking, she took a few steps back. "I-uh, if it's okay with Icarius, and you." Her whiskers twitched, and she tried to hold her expression. It was possible the happiest moment in her life. And she really hoped they would say yes. It would be like a family, knowing that she'll never have kittens without problems. This might have been the closest thing. Shadow smiled nervously as she bared her blue eyes at the tom.

Last edited by judas; December 13th, 2017 at 04:33 PM.