Thread: Firefly Cove
View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2024, 08:35 PM

Bump Policy: Bump me ASAP, or whenever :)
Default Re: Firefly Cove

@zozelen

It broke Riversong’s heart to see an apprentice attempt to comfort them. Although much of Blazepaw’s message flew through their ears, it all felt wrong. They should’ve been the one telling Blazepaw to stop all the sadness, but instead, it was the other way around. Why? Why wasn’t Riversong being a proper warrior? Were they really so weak that one death could shake them up this much? “It’s okay Blazepaw. You should watch out for yourself as well. If you ever need an ear, I’ll always be open.” Riversong’s voice withered into silence before continuing. “I know it’s not my fault… and you should know it’s not yours too. But at the end of the day, death doesn’t care about all that, does it?” They smiled crookedly. “It’s so painful isn’t it? Finchpaw’s up in StarClan while we’re down here with his memory. Is it even worth remembering all of that for the pain? I’d know him in my heart, but in my head too? And to blabber my tongue off when Finchpaw will never speak or listen to a living cat again…” they trailed into silence. Riversong cast a guilty look at Blazepaw. Hopefully the apprentice didn’t mind all the emotion.

(Foreshadowing future selective memory choosing to forget Finchpaw most of the time, and not speaking very much)

-sign my sig below if you want-