View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2017, 05:51 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: - foolish pleasures (private) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Barracuda could read the signs clearly. He knew when a she cat wanted him - and the expression on Bubbles' face was not one of longing. It was, more or less, one of politeness. Like she was saying 'I'll be polite, but I don't care about having you here' or something along those lines. Perhaps something that was more polite then that, as she seemed to be a ladylike feline, but Barracuda doubted it was how much fun she was having with him around. It was just going to be a bit of time longer before he grasped her attention and from there, her collar. "I was thinking, darling, that we could go for a walk this morning? I'm sure you're already aware of all the beautiful places here, but I haven't yet had the opportunity to look around... so, ah, you wouldn't mind showing me, would you?" The tom asked with a friendly smile coming over his maw. Acting was Barracuda's specialty. And for a she cat like this? All it would take was one string of smart, quick romantic-type lines before she was hooked. "Or if you prefer, I could always teach you to hunt. A wild cat taught me - but of course, I would also groom your fur afterwards. A beautiful lady like yourself needs to make sure appearances are kept up in front of everyone else... except for me." He smiled, winked, and then awaited Bubbles' answer. If he had to guess, he would say that hunting would hold the greater appeal. It was mysterious. And it was new. He had learned how to hunt on his own, of course, but somehow saying that a wild cat taught him made him think it would make it more believable.
Bubbles licked a paw and drew it over her ear, removing her large blue eyes from Barracuda as she awaited his response to her greeting. He seemed to be thinking, so Bubbles remained silent and withdrew into her own thoughts, keeping an ear out for the rugged tom’s voice. She was too naive to think that Barracuda would get anything but she was also a very skittish cat. The two sides of her were often warring and at the moment she was nervous of Barracuda but intrigued at the same time. Giving the tom a tour, however, didn’t appeal to her and she didn’t respond for a moment. She’d have to agree for the sake of politeness but she knew it would be boring and wondered if it was worth it. Barracuda’s next words piqued her interest, though they also creeped her out a bit too. Deciding that fake flirtation, a trick she learned from a friend, was the way to get what she wanted and avoid what she didn’t, Bubbles stood and purred, “Hunting sounds fun!” Walking closer to Barracuda, she added, “But I’m a big cat. I groom my own fur and everything. You just teach me to hunt and leave the grooming to me.” With a flick of her tail she passed by him and padded down the hallway calling over her shoulder, “This way.”