View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2017, 04:30 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: - foolish pleasures (private) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Bubbles licked a paw and drew it over her ear, removing her large blue eyes from Barracuda as she awaited his response to her greeting. He seemed to be thinking, so Bubbles remained silent and withdrew into her own thoughts, keeping an ear out for the rugged tom’s voice. She was too naive to think that Barracuda would get anything but she was also a very skittish cat. The two sides of her were often warring and at the moment she was nervous of Barracuda but intrigued at the same time. Giving the tom a tour, however, didn’t appeal to her and she didn’t respond for a moment. She’d have to agree for the sake of politeness but she knew it would be boring and wondered if it was worth it. Barracuda’s next words piqued her interest, though they also creeped her out a bit too. Deciding that fake flirtation, a trick she learned from a friend, was the way to get what she wanted and avoid what she didn’t, Bubbles stood and purred, “Hunting sounds fun!” Walking closer to Barracuda, she added, “But I’m a big cat. I groom my own fur and everything. You just teach me to hunt and leave the grooming to me.” With a flick of her tail she passed by him and padded down the hallway calling over her shoulder, “This way.”
"Well, if you insist. I will have you know that I'm known for my grooming skills, however." A smile spread over the tom's maw as Bubbles passed him, and he followed after her. This just might be crazy enough to work! It looked like a friendlier, less flirty approach was needed here - maybe some more subtle flirting. You know, the occasional compliment and such... stuff like that drove she cats crazy. He couldn't play hard-to-get here, Bubbles probably wouldn't understand - he doubted she had had a serious suitor in her life. They might have given up... she seemed a little more on the naive side to fall in love. Such an annoying occurance for Barracuda, especially since he was used to she cats fawning over him. House cats especially, the loners were a little more subtle and unwilling to admit that they were attracted to him. How sad... especially because they were obviously attracted in the end. Barracuda had more sucess stories then he knew what to do with. Those she cats were left behind, broken-hearted in the end - it was like they never learned. At least he was giving them something - either a romance to remember or a lesson that trusting other cats could be dangerous. A lesson he had already learned, and was more willing to relay then any other of the "life lessons" he had learned. He didn't say anything as they continued onward, simply waiting for her to make the next move.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.