View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2017, 08:38 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: - foolish pleasures (private) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"Well, if you insist. I will have you know that I'm known for my grooming skills, however." A smile spread over the tom's maw as Bubbles passed him, and he followed after her. This just might be crazy enough to work! It looked like a friendlier, less flirty approach was needed here - maybe some more subtle flirting. You know, the occasional compliment and such... stuff like that drove she cats crazy. He couldn't play hard-to-get here, Bubbles probably wouldn't understand - he doubted she had had a serious suitor in her life. They might have given up... she seemed a little more on the naive side to fall in love. Such an annoying occurance for Barracuda, especially since he was used to she cats fawning over him. House cats especially, the loners were a little more subtle and unwilling to admit that they were attracted to him. How sad... especially because they were obviously attracted in the end. Barracuda had more sucess stories then he knew what to do with. Those she cats were left behind, broken-hearted in the end - it was like they never learned. At least he was giving them something - either a romance to remember or a lesson that trusting other cats could be dangerous. A lesson he had already learned, and was more willing to relay then any other of the "life lessons" he had learned. He didn't say anything as they continued onward, simply waiting for her to make the next move.
Bubbles gave a small smile at Barracuda's words, masking her nerves. The molly may have been naive but she had lived with perpetual fear long enough to know that hiding it was sometimes better. Bubbles flicked her tail at Barracuda as she padded past and hurried out of the house, excitement speeding up her movements. Soon, they were in the fenced in yard and Bubbles gracefully leaped to the top of the fence and down onto the coarse grass on the other side, turning to look for Barracuda. Bubbles didn't know where the good hunting areas were, however, so she stepped back and allowed Barracuda to take the lead.