View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2017, 03:36 PM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Having missed Lostpaw so much, and having not held the closeness that they had shared for a while for so long, Badgerpaw wasn't quite sure whether or not this felt right. But there was an undeniable comfort that he could feel, as though she were telling him it was alright... mentally. As though he just knew it was going to be alright having Lostpaw there. And he had missed her so much. More then she could know, maybe, or maybe as much as she did... in a way that she could know... he had wanted to be around her, playing with her, hanging out with her in the way that they used to. Maybe someday things would go back to that. Right now, they just needed to... regroup.

"I missed you too." It felt just perfect to be there with Lostpaw. Like nothing could go wrong. Like their closeness was the only thing that mattered now, and perhaps it was... perhaps nothing else did matter anymore. Badgerpaw liked his mentor, but they just didn't seem to share the same type of bond that he and his best - his only - friend had shared. That they would share again. It was important to him that he and Lostpaw remained close now.

Trying to figure out how to make this more comfortable for the two of them, Badgerpaw half-hovered... uncertain whether to move away or stay beside Lostpaw. He was nervous that he would cause problems if he stayed, perhaps make her nervous or uncomfortable, but moving away... that couldn't be the right thing to do, could it? So Badgerpaw stayed. "Your mentor treats you nicely, right?" He asked after a moment's silence, yellow hues flashing for a moment as he thought about what would happen if she responded with a 'no.' He didn't like the thought of cats bullying his friend and uncomfortable images flashed through his mind of that happening.
(ahhh!!! they are so cute!!)
Lostpaw was taking everything in as they sat together. Him being so near was what she was missing in her life for moons now. She hadn't realized just how much she needed him until he was here again, offering her a comfort no other cat could. The tom was the only cat who understood her, who she could trust and rely on. Why had she let him go?
Her chest soared as he confessed to missing her to, and another missing piece of her returned. Without him, she was a broken mess that just wandered around living, but living. Now that he was here, it was as if everything was piecing back together. She was starting to feel what she hadn't before. And they have only been talking for a short while.
When he asked about her mentor, she turned her head to him as 'stared' for a moment, wondering why he asked. But she didn't ask him. "Yes, they have really helped me get around easier. I actually have a chance at being a warrior..." Once, when she was a kit, this would have thrilled her. But now she was just indifferent, as if having a future didn't seem as great anymore. Because when she is made a warrior, she will live a life full of everyone doubting her, waiting for her to mess up.
"What about your mentor?" She wanted to know. To make sure he was alright, too. That he was getting along well enough. It was already obvious he wasn't doing the greatest, but he had to at least be doing well. Hopefully.