View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2017, 04:40 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
(ahhh!!! they are so cute!!)
Lostpaw was taking everything in as they sat together. Him being so near was what she was missing in her life for moons now. She hadn't realized just how much she needed him until he was here again, offering her a comfort no other cat could. The tom was the only cat who understood her, who she could trust and rely on. Why had she let him go?
Her chest soared as he confessed to missing her to, and another missing piece of her returned. Without him, she was a broken mess that just wandered around living, but living. Now that he was here, it was as if everything was piecing back together. She was starting to feel what she hadn't before. And they have only been talking for a short while.
When he asked about her mentor, she turned her head to him as 'stared' for a moment, wondering why he asked. But she didn't ask him. "Yes, they have really helped me get around easier. I actually have a chance at being a warrior..." Once, when she was a kit, this would have thrilled her. But now she was just indifferent, as if having a future didn't seem as great anymore. Because when she is made a warrior, she will live a life full of everyone doubting her, waiting for her to mess up.
"What about your mentor?" She wanted to know. To make sure he was alright, too. That he was getting along well enough. It was already obvious he wasn't doing the greatest, but he had to at least be doing well. Hopefully.

"I'm really glad your mentor's helping you. But I hope you know that even if they weren't, I would have because I know you'll make an awesome warrior."
It was nice that there were still cats with at least a little bit of decency. Badgerpaw had met some rude cats in his lifetime, cats that he wished he hadn't... and he was glad that Lostpaw could have someone to help him. His own mentor was great, funny and encouraging and spirited... the type of cat that you would want to hang around all the time. Except Badgerpaw got the feeling that he hadn't been as encouraging and nice back to the tom. Which kind of felt weird, not being a nice cat... he was so used to being so nice for so long.

He was used to being the type of tom that others could rely on and he would be their close friend when they needed it, back off when they didn't. Except in her case he had gotten it backwards. At least they were building back up. Quicker then he had firstly thought, something that he was glad of. It was a blessing to be so close to Lostpaw right now. "My mentor's great. He's a good cat and he always means well... pushes me just the right amount, and engages in conversation and stuff." For a moment the tom hesitated, and then sighed. "But it just wasn't the same." After Lostpaw had retreated from their friendship, he had found things looked different.

The world was a shade darker then it should have been. Things weren't as open and honest as they seemed. And Badgerpaw was never certain if he was doing the right or wrong thing. At least she was back now. Perhaps he could get his goals into sight, his mind back on track, and help her to do the same. He could see her potential, her ability to get around so much better then would be expected... but did she?
(they really are oh my goodness)

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.