View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2023, 10:15 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

| Lightningpaw |

The help she had asked for had... not arrived. It was not arriving. This queen was kitting in the middle of the clearing and not a single warrior was raising a paw to help? Anger fueling her as she wondered when WindClan had grown so thoughtless, the young apprentice helped the queen deliver her second kit. It was a little tom, mewling weakly... but mewling nonetheless. With concern for the frail queen, Lightningpaw made to place the pale furred kit next to his littermate only to realize... he was gone. Her first time helping a queen deliver kits, and the first of the two was already dead.

Large ears flattened as the wind got knocked out of her. The lithe calico took a sharp breath, feeling a wave of panic wash over her. Alright... Focus. The first kit had been born before she had gotten here. Maybe now, since she could bring this one to be with his mother quicker, he would be alright? She still needed to tend to Leafpelt as well. The queen was weaker than even Gingerheart had been after her own kitting, and her mother had been lit on fire halfway through.

Unwilling to wait any longer for anyone in the clearing to react, Lightningpaw cautiously placed the pale, mewling tom besides the queen, nuzzling it gently, coaxing it to feed. He still needed to be cleaned, but she needed to prioritize the mother. There were no nursing queens in the nursery. One had died in the fire, and her mother had pulled another vanishing act. This kit might die without proper treatment, but it would be a certainty if she allowed Leafpelt to perish first. Turning to the queen, the medicine cat apprentice's gaze softened. Her anger was not meant toward the queen. She was trying her hardest, after all.

"You have a lovely tom right here with you. I'll be right back. I'm bringing you some burnet to chew on. It will make you feel good as new, I promise," she mewed in a rushed tone, giving the two one final looksee before bounding off in search of the precious herb that would give the weakened queen the boost of strength she so desperately needed.

-

@Light000 [Leafpelt]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios