View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"It's what I keep telling them," Shinefang said, grinning mischievously. He had missed this, the flow of their joking and playful times. It was like they were home again, walking in the clearing so close together their fur touched. Even so, a twinge of irritation hit him when Slatepelt explained Acornpaw's fate. He kept it contained though. He didn't want fight or snap at her. He knew she was trying to make him feel better. Her just being there did a little. "Yeah..." he replied simply. "Odd thing is, Gorsepaw almost seemed to like not having a tail. She rushed off as soon as I gave her the all clear to go back to the apprentice den to show it off to the other apprentices," he prattled on with a soft chuckle. "She's a good kit."

He nodded as his old mate brought up Daydream. "Knowledgeable it right. Prickly as a hedgehog, but knowledgeable. I've been thinking about traveling to visit the one in Windclan. Haven't spoken to him yet. And I think that old blind one in Thunderclan is still alive. And have you seen Junebug? Poor kit found herself medicine cat of Riverclan all of a sudden. Anything good kit though. I'm trying to learn all I can from them. I thought you were visiting me half a moon ago, but it turns out an old Shadowclan cat took it upon himself to tech me about eating willowbark for my legs. Can't argue with a good thing, I suppose." Shinefang suddenly realized that as he prattled, on about the other medicine cats he was smiling. Surprised, he cocked his head, wondering about his own reaction. He hadn't felt like this as a warrior. Being a warrior had been a steady grind of work. A way to keep his thoughts at bay as he threw himself into it. But with this he felt... excited?

As she rubbed her pelt against his, and he drank in the warm scent again and told him how proud she was, he purred deeply and happily. "Thank you...Oh Slate. It's so good to see you again." Shinefang wished more than anything she could have spent more moons with him in Skyclan. He was filled with a heavy love, filled to the brim with possibilities that never came. Oh to raise kits with this shecat. He'd been thinking about his kits the last moon. All the time spent with Juniperpaw got him wondering what kind of father he would have been to them. He was just about to ask her about their kits when she bound off like a fawn, right toward a group of stones that looked surprisingly familiar. "Huh..." he said out loud, distracted. "Eerie. Do I have a ghostly medicine den somewhere?"
Spinning on her heels with no effort at all, the translucent warrior quickly redirected herself to fall back into step with Shinefang, a gentle purr rumbling deep in her chest. Padding up next to the old medicine cat, Slatepelt brushed up against his side once more and snorted as she heard Shinefang's comment. "Oh definitely. It's like your den, but more organized. All your wilted leaves go there." The feline chuckled and flicked her tail between his shoulder blade shaking her head with a gentle sigh. "Starclan hunts together, so there are no borders or camps - sometimes it's nice to just sit back and watch like we're there at the Sea stones though. We can watch all the clans gather here, or there, or where-ever really." She meowed matter-of-fact, although a gleam of sadness could be detected in her pale yellow orbs. Slatepelt had never actually been to the new territory. Her death occurred long before Skyclan even had an inkling of other clans existing. Long before the second evil era - long before Skyclan's past two leaders had even been born. Fluffing out her pelt at the thought, Slatepelt couldn't help but cast a weary glance to her former mate. Had she left him for that long? Another pang of sadness clawed at her heart and for a brief moment, the Starclan warrior wished she could turn back time even if it meant only spending another moon with Shinefang. Perhaps he felt the same way, but they would be able to share another lifetime once Starclan called him. A selfish thought, but Slatepelt was proud of her mate and truly wished him a long life. Blinking large yellow eyes, she pressed herself up against Shinefang and entwined her tail with his, guiding him towards one of the large rocks. "Tell me," she whispered briskly, "What's it like in the new territory? Is the prey plentiful? The dens warm? Apprentice's still causing trouble?" A gentle purr rumbled once more in her chest at the thought.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]

Last edited by Dust; February 5th, 2018 at 09:31 AM.