View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2018, 12:55 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Dovecoo smiled at Honeythistle as he spoke. Whether smoking was an appropriate reaction or not, it was her usual expression. Unless, something bad happened or she was having a mood swing, of course. “I think it’s good.” She assured him, knowing that most cats were very happy when they got this news. She didn’t really feel all that much. Dovecoo was excited and happy too but she also didn’t really know everything that came with the little surprise and was unable to feel any big emotions, as she called them, about it. “Well, I was feeling kind of odd...tired, hungry, etc. and I’m sure you’ve noticed that I’m gaining a bit of weight?” She gestured to her growing stomach. “So I went to visit the medicine den, just in case...You know that thing you said we were going to wait for because you already had some? Yeah...I don’t think we can wait much longer. It’s kind of happening...” Dovecoo was not the most mature of cats and didn’t know a better way to phrase it, despite the multitude of better ways to phrase it.
As long as it was something good and not bad, Honeythistle thought. By the way Dovecoo smiled, then it must be good. It was reassuring which kept the silver tom cool and collected. Honeythistle laid comfortably across from her, nodding towards the she cat to continue what she wanted to tell him. When she spoke, Honeythistle’s ears twitched and his expression morphed into something of disorientation. He tilted it slowly, squinting his eyes in the process. “Yeah, I noticed...” his voice trailed off as he looked suspiciously at her stomach. The sudden weight gain. Truthfully, Honeythistle thought it was some type of unfulfilled desire because she missed her warrior duties. To him, he thought she was eating her depression away because her living days would be spend around countless of kits and other queens. Yet, it was lizardbrained to believe such because his Dove looked happy with him, so the thought was brush aside. Honeythistle immediately sat up, blinking a confusing gaze, “...What?” He uttered. It was like the she cat was running circles in his head because he didn’t like to read between the lines. “What — what are you talking about?” Honeythistle asked, not recalling the last couple days. “We were going to wait for something?” He iterated. “Wait for what? What did I already have some of?” Now the questions were flooding out. And, what did the medicine den have to do with any - that was the moment where silence blocked out every sound of felines and nature. His eyes had bucked with an unreadable expression. He wondered if his inference was right, but he wanted Dovecoo to say the words to prove his suspicions. The weight gain, being sluggish, tired...