View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Dragon Tamer

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Cedarpaw’s reassurance surprised the apprentice, and she gave him a strange look. ”...thank you. I suppose your size gives you an advantage as well - even if nothing more than intimidation.” Ashpaw wasn’t good at throwing out compliments. She wasn’t good at manipulating through flattery, she was much better at getting into someone’s head. During the Evil Era, she had tried her best to psych out her opponents by getting into their heads, making them doubt their side, and she was already missing those days. The days when Blazingnight had ruled over them, strong and powerful and ready to fight back against the cats who did not belong here. The only problem had been Ashpaw’s heritage - being a shameful half-Clan cat, she had had to keep her secret very close to her, just in case someone were to use it against her.

But who would dare to reveal that, to turn against her? No one had ever betrayed Ashpaw’s trust, because she was careful who she trusted - with her secrets, with duties, with her beliefs. The two cats that she trusted at the moment were her mentor and Cedarpaw. And even then, she would not trust them with… absolutely everything. It was dangerous to have someone know too much about you. Nobody knew her full backstory, nobody knew when she saw her father, nobody knew about the guilty trips her parents had, when they would spend the night together in tunnels… sometimes for days at a time. Ashpaw had met her father’s cover mate. She was in love with him, the apprentice was sure of it.

But then again, her father was more… likeable then her mother. Her mother had a certain darkness, just like Ashpaw herself, and it was a surprise that she had ever fallen for the more lighthearted, skittish tom. Then again, they’d both been young, stupid, and hopeful. StarClan forbid I should ever be that way. A small smile spread across her maw at Cedarpaw’s growled words. Clearly he felt that they needed some sort of a change as well. Ashpaw loved ShadowClan, she was loyal to her Clan, but if Goldenstar and Halfgaze didn’t toughen up some… there were going to be problems. Big problems. The other Clans simply couldn’t respect them while they were weak! It was impossible! The tom’s next words surprised Ashpaw (not for the first time that day) and, once again, she gave him an odd look. Mainly because it was unexpected… for her.

”Well, alright. That would be… satisfactory.” “Nice” or “good” just didn’t seem like they were going to cut it. So Ashpaw had chosen another word… one that seemed to fit the situation, and their friendship, absolutely perfectly. Satisfactory. A word that Ashpaw now couldn’t get out of her head.

@Owl @Boba Fett

Cedarpaw felt a chill run through him as Ashpaw attempted to compliment him or flatter him. It was not like Ashpaw whatsoever to do so. He felt a hint of amusement, the she-cat often stepped out of her comfort zone when around him or at least he thought. At her remark, however, to not make it seem like a big deal, he simply shrugged his large shoulders. He knew very well he was intimidating, sometimes clan mates would look at him with hesitant eyes. Rarely approached, Cedarpaw felt a swell of confidence with those looks.

His stomach continued to growl even after Ashpaw had agreed with going to eat with him. He was simply to focused on feeding his hungry stomach, that the awkward words coming from Ashpaw, saying it was satisfactory to share a meal, didn't faze him. His ears twitched at the hustle and bustle coming from his clan mates. He could feel the vibrations beneath his paws from cats walking to and fro, running across the clearing, and even playing with one another. Getting to his paws, the smokey gray tom began his stride towards the fresh-kill pile. He spotted movement from the apprentice's den and spotted Lynxpaw just emerging from it. Lazy...How could she possibly just now be getting up?! A growl bubbled in his throat but he suppressed it. Some felines just were not as dedicated to training as Ashpaw and himself. Cedarpaw also recalled Lynxpaw entering the apprentice's den late the night before and could smell freshly killed prey on her pelt making him hungry in the middle of the night. He flicked his tail tip back and forth. She grabbed a shrew and sat down to eat.

Maybe...just maybe me and Ashpaw should try to become a bit more friendly. Get others on our side about ShadowClan's so called leadership... the thought popped into Cedarpaw's head and thinking back to the conversation between him and Ashpaw, he figured the best way is to change one cat at a time. He gave Ashpaw a meaningful glance before he flicked his tail in greeting towards Lynxpaw. "Good morning...or should I say Good afternoon?" He gave the stubbed tailed apprentice a small grin, one he rarely gave to anyone. Before Ashpaw could protest, he quickly grabbed up a fat juicy rat and settled his large frame a tail-length away from Lynxpaw before giving Ashpaw an expectant look, hoping she understood what he was doing.

@Boba Fett @Lonestar23

If I do not reply PLEASE mention me again or PM me or VM me~!

Last edited by Owl; February 12th, 2018 at 03:50 PM.