View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Dragon Tamer

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
The morning had been a pretty normal one so far, or at least that's what Duskflight felt. More normal than some of his previous mornings. He was just happy to be back in the clan, he had so desperately wanted to come back but had refrained, refrained right up until it nearly cost him his life. Of course things have settled since then. He hasn't seen Weaselcloud at all, maybe she had been killed, maybe she was banished, he didn't know, and despite his nature, he truly hoped that she was dead. It would be better that way, both for him and his clanmates. But he didn't have the guts nor the strength to do it himself if ever it came down to doing it.

Regardless, as the sun crawled to the midway point in the sky, the black and white tom settled himself down in the clearing, tucking his legs neatly beneath himself and laying his chin in his paws for the moment, eyes half-lidded and threatening to close. Even if the air had a bite to it, the sun was in full force and he couldn't be happier.
He had slept the majority of the night but in the earlier morning hours he was accidentally kicked awake by a cat next to him. The name of the cat was something like Windtuft, Windcrest, something along those lines. It hadn't bothered him in the slightest, but he did decide to get out of his nest and head out into the clearing.

It was then that he volunteered to go on the morning patrol in her place, since she wasn't awake yet and he didn't want anyone to be awoken from a good slumber when he was able to take their place. And so he went on that patrol. After the battle with Thunderclan the borders have been quiet, all of the clans except for Skyclan recuperating from their wounds. He himself had stayed back to protect the camp, though part of himself argues it was only because he was a coward. He still thought about it, even now, though for the most part he tried to push the thought away.

Sighing out happily, Duskflight would force himself to lift his head and start rasping his tongue over his chest fur, trying anything to keep himself away, at least for a little bit longer. He could take a nap later, he hasn't even gone hunting today! There was so much that needed to be done, especially with there being quite a few wounded cats that needed food before himself. As soon as I'm done grooming I'll go out hunting. His mind promised and he seemed to nod his head, agreeing to himself.

Windcrest's bright eyes continued to scan the moor top. Her eyes slipped past Duskflight, continuing to look around before she did a double take. Her ocean optics widened and she quickly turned around. Her heart beat in her chest and her whiskers twitched nervously. He's right there! Oh goodness. I am not ready for this... The molly was back and forth arguing internally with herself,
wishing should could kick her own behind for acting the way she was. She turned around and hoped he hadn't spotted her little fiasco, squirming ever so slightly in her spot while trying to make up her mind about saying hello or something! Inhaling deeply, preparing herself, she began to walk over toward Duskflight. However, she forgot to exhale and the she-cat felt her throat tighten and she let out a coughing breath.

Blinking her blue eyes, she flattened her ears and quickly made a sharp turn left walking away from Duskflight, not after the coughing breath she made. Nope, today wasn't the day to say hello! During the Evil Era, the molly had sustained a bruised bone, on her back right leg, according to Surgestorm due to a massive tom slamming her into the ground. The sharp turn caused the molly's leg to give out on her. With a yowl of surprise the molly fell flat on her face in front of Duskflight. She wanted to crawl her way underground for the show she just put on for Duskflight. Now why would he want to talk or be associated with a clumsy,
shy, paranoid she-cat that wasn't even clan born

@Duskflight

If I do not reply PLEASE mention me again or PM me or VM me~!

Last edited by Owl; February 12th, 2018 at 08:41 PM.