View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2018, 10:12 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang gave a derisive snort in response. "First of all, you and our clanmates are the only ones talking about elders. I prefer the term, ex-warrior. Or new medicine cat. Second, tell that to my joints. Greenleaf can't come soon enough." The aching in his joints that he expected from being in the cold air dug the tips of its cold claws into his limbs. Fortunately the willow bark took the edge off, and he could move with the spryness of a younger cat. In a way, he supposed he should be pleased to see that he looked at ease enough winding along the thick, leafless undergrowth to make the leader think it wasn't a struggle for him. Of course, his focus wasn't on his own well-being now. It was on Grousestar's. The leader had been a little on the shaky side as they'd begun to traverse the woods, and even now he certainly didn't seem to be quite as sure-footed as usual, but it was subtle, and the tom's spirits seemed to have brightened with a bit of time in the sunlight and fresh air. Still, he kept close, watching the boisterous young cat like a wary parent for any sign of trouble or weakness.

Naturally, one of the tabby tom's first questions had been about when he could leave the den. "Leave? At this rate, I thought we'd become denmates and live the single tom life together," he joked, chortling as he amused himself. "No shecat will be able to resist our wily tomcat charms. But if you insist on squashing my dreams, I'd say maybe a couple more days just to make sure you keep getting stronger. Then maybe just a few more check ups over the next quarter on a moon once you move back to your den. I'm sure you're through the worst of it, but what can I say? I worry like a queen with her first litter." His japing finished, Shinefang turned his amber eye on the leader and sincerely asked him, "How are you feeling so far?"
"Oh yes, certainly. My apologies, ex-warrior or new medicine cat, whichever you're in the mood for." He purred out with a small laugh, the tip of his tail curling first one way then the other. "Now that I can agree with," his head nodded once. While he wasn't as old as Shinefang and didn't have the joint problems that he did when it came to the cold weather, Grousestar certainly couldn't wait until Greenleaf was back. It meant plenty of food, warmer temperatures and all around happy clan, usually. Not only that, but he believed, with his limited medicinal knowledge, that there was less sickness in that season as well. It was generally an all around great time of year, but even Newleaf would be welcome by him right about now.
For a moment he would slow to a stop in order to reach his front paws all the way out in front of him and stretch his hind legs which trembled with the effort. He hoped that stretching them individually might help to loosen them up. So after doing that, he would wait a moment before continuing on, noticing a very minor change, but the rest of the achiness would surely go away in the coming days. At least his legs weren't wobbling or shaky anymore, he was finally limbering back up. Give it a few more days and he would be in pretty good order.

His head turned slightly as he heard Shinefang's response to his question, head tilted slightly before he couldn't help but grin in amusement and chuckle. "While that does sound appealing, and trust me, it does Shinefang. I can't say I overly enjoy that den, smells too much of herbs and makes me feel confined." Flicking his ears he realized he could hear the quiet trickle of water, signifying they were closing in on the stream, much to his relief. "A couple more days..." He echoed, a small sense of excitement of getting back to his leader duties filling him before he was carefully brought back to the ground by the sincerity of Shinefang's question, his eyes focusing on the older tom for a moment. It wasn't the time to boast that he could run the territory in it's entirety three times over. He needed to be truthful.
"Well. My legs are about as limber as ever, it's my stamina that needs to get back to where it was. I already feel a bit winded and would like to take a small break once we reach the stream, if you don't mind."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?