View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2018, 09:38 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Scribbles View Post

Cleftpaw's ear twitched. He had already caught a mouse and hadn't expected to hunt for more. He was content watching Lightpaw where he is. However, under more consideration, he knew the Clan needed more prey during leaf-bare, and prey seemed abundant today.

He buried his mouse at the roots of a tree a clawed a mark so he could find it again. He then stalked off in the direction of the sparrow Lightpaw had pointed out. Cleftpaw appreciated that, although Lightpaw couldn't see it, his brother knew he was more agile when he climbed.

Cleftpaw reached the sparrow's tree and scrambled up to a low branch. As soon as his paws touched the bark, every sense was even more alert than they had been on the ground. The bird was two branches above him. The maine coon lept up one more branch and climbed slowly and carefully to the sparrow's branch. He stalked slowly towards the bird.

He pounced forward, every hair on his pelt tingling and his paws buzzing, every sense telling him where to direct his paws so he doesn't fall. He caught the small bird, instantly snapping its neck. He bounded down the tree to the ground below, bird held gently between his jaws.
As soon as Lightpaw stopped hearing the bird and then heard a soft thud on the ground, he knew that Cleftpaw had caught the unsuspecting bird. Lightpaw didn't take much notice though, he was too busy with his own prey.

And this rabbit, being so much bigger than normal prey, will be easier for me to pinpoint and kill! he thought cheerfully. As soon as the scent and soft thudding sounds of the rabbit moving, got closer, Lightpaw instinctively dropped into a hunters' crouch.

Lightpaw snuck up on his prey, slowly but surely. Almost... There... He leapt. Lightpaw just barely caught the rabbit in his paws. Well, he didn't exactly catch it. Some of his claws were hooked in its pelt. The rabbit tried to run away, but Lightpaw tightened his grip and, before the rabbit could turn to fight back, he nipped its neck, killing it quickly.

Lightpaw quickly thanked StarClan for the prey and picked it up. He dropped the rabbit, which was almost as big as him, in front of Cleftpaw, eyes shining,"I caught it! I really caught it!" he purred happily.
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.