View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:16 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
(How dare you! Jk, life happens. School is kind of important )

Shinefang listened to Skyclan's leader. There was nothing more to add. The younger tom was just getting his first taste of contentment and seeing how the flavor compared to the sharp tang of speed and longing for more and more that every cat spent his younger days chasing. The old tom wondered if the leader would look back on talks like this someday, and think of him as a wise old medicine cat spouting profound truths by a stream. He couldn't help but grin to himself. Wise? Me? Even the smartest kitwit is still a kitwit. But never underestimate the power of hindsight to make you sound deep. Enjoying this time simply sitting quietly by the stream, Shinefang opted not to interrupt it until a particularly strong gust seemed to cut right through his fur. He shook out his pelt. "Well, maybe we ought to speed up just long enough to get back. You know, before you catch cold." The old tom pulled his gaze away as he turned back toward camp, sorry to leave the view of the treetops against the sky, and the gentle whispering of the water under the ice. He turned back, checking to make sure the brown tabby was following.
It was a good moment, the two sitting there by the stream, reflecting together as if they were two elders who where past their prime age. A moment that Grousestar would be fond of in the future, the words that were spoken would very likely stick with him. The tom slightly wished it would last longer, but even he couldn't ignore the sharp bite of the air as the wind cut by, easily getting at the skin beneath his short coat despite how much he tried to fluff it up. So when the medicine cat suggested they get going, he didn't put up much of an argument. He had gotten his breath back and would be able to make it back to camp to get more rest. "Yes, I don't think I'd like to get another illness for a while. Too much sitting around, makes me feel like an elder." He chortled out as he carefully brought himself to stand, testing his legs with a slight stretch before making his way after the battle-scarred tom. Walking came a little bit easier on the way back, perhaps because it was cold and he had a desire to get somewhere warm, or maybe because his legs were limbering up again. Either way, he didn't have too much trouble keeping up with Shinefang on the way back, his gaze focused on the ground, watching his own paws as one stepped in front of the other, carrying him along, likely buried in his thoughts again.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?