View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2018, 09:49 PM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
A bit surprised by Flashpaw's outburst, Vixenpaw watched in silence with her head cocked curiously as the shecat sank to the ground. Silently, she looked at the spot where the apprentice had been buried. Vixenpaw could not remember a time she ever spoke to Branchpaw. She couldn't say what their voice sounded like, or what their favorite prey had been. She couldn't really say that about any of the other apprentices. Vixenpaw had practically made it her mission to avoid forming friendships with any clanmate. What was the point? Her father had abandoned her in Shadowclan, and he was the one cat who was supposed to love her. Why would a cat she wasn't even kin to care? But something deep within gave a twinging ache as she saw Flashpaw cover her face. It wasn't sadness exactly, but it occurred to her that if she were to die tomorrow, no one would cry for her the way Flashpaw was crying for Branchpaw. At last she quietly said, "Sorry. Just, no one seems to know what happened is all."
[ oooh these two might actually become friends! xD maybe this can be where vixenpaw realizes that flashpaw’s emotions are just an act because of how quickly she “recovers”? ]

Realizing she was caught in a moment of weakness, Flashpaw tried her best to straighten her back and stand up straight. Much like all of the times that she had faked her emotions before, it was 99.9% convincing. The only bit that wasn’t convinced was Flashpaw herself. Though, in a long time of putting on an act, day and night, it had come to her that the only thing stopping her from fooling everyone around her is that she didn’t believe it herself. So she worked on it, and it was getting better and better. An accomplishment for her, really. It was one thing she could do right in this world.
As the she-cat ahead of her showed a rare moment of weakness, the observant feline caught a flash of self-pity in her eyes. It was gone in a split-second, and for a moment she thought she’d imagined it. But the way that Vixenpaw looked at her and the grave beneath them proved it. This she-cat had a lot on her mind. Still too aggravated to care, though, she responded, “Well, maybe it’s better that we don’t. If we do, practically the entire Clan will be off trying to get vengeance, and that won’t do anyone any good. Branchpaw was too well-liked for his own good- popular, even, if that’s what you prefer to call it.” It was something that Flashpaw had always longed to be- popular and loved by everyone around her. But instead she kept to herself and planned everything, giving off the impression that she was just an odd friend of Branchpaw- a cat he had taken pity on to get a little more happiness out of life.
Look where that got her.
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯