View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2016, 02:02 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Pinekit looked back at Adderkit, his thoughts seeming to be elsewhere as he did so. The young tom was almost worried looking, as though he weren't quite sure what was going on. He sometimes looked like that, and generally it was because something was wrong. The young brown tom said nothing for a while, looking upwards and then down at his paws, his tail twitching back and forth as though to build tension. Finally he fixed his gaze on her and gave a sigh. "Look, I...I'm sorry I was so harsh about that. I didn't mean to...to make you so upset, it's just...no one really trusts me, just because I've bent the rules a few times. I mean, haven't we all? Well, you may have not, but...it's just, I was really hoping that you would be different from everyone else and then when you said that, well...it made me feel like I was wrong again, like I had made another bad choice, another failure like I always do," Pinekit mewed. There was truth in his words; he was beginning to feel like perhaps it wasn't so bad to tell Adderkit some truths. After all, she had been very pleasant company so far, other than being a little extra energetic, and maybe...just maybe, he might want to put up with her longer than he had previously planned. "But I understand, I would feel the same way...I still have a little while longer to go, but I definitely get not wanting to have your ceremony put off," Pinekit mewed. He was still feeling slightly upset at her stereotype, and not quite sure of what to think. He had been put in the category of "rule breakers" all his life, but then she had called him a 'great kit,' which he was rarely called. Troublemaker, yes. Rude, yes. A bully, yes. But great? He rarely received praise, and certainly not from other kits, not with his reputation. Pinekit looked back up at the sky, as he often did. For some reason, he found watching the clouds fascinating, and it was something that he usually did to avoid awkward conversations. Pinekit sighed, his gaze following the clouds and his tail twitching back and forth, his back turned to Adderkit, saying nothing to her. Eventually he turned back to her and gave a little smile to her. "So anyway, how about doing something else...since you don't want to do...that, maybe we could play a game or something that's more active, you seem kinda bored," Pinekit mewed, with a little grin.
~bumpie~