View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2023, 02:18 AM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

「☆」 THE GENTLE GIANT 「☆」
╰► COWTUFT
he | him ★ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears + scar over his neck; left green eye and right blue eye ★
ೃ⁀➷ @Light000 @Alchemist Kitsune

Cowtuft's ears perked up as Lightningpaw came from the herb storage. He wasn't entirely sure what she had been doing in there but was grateful she was here, nonetheless. Maybe he should re-decorate their den. It was a little bare, wasn't it? Goodness.. Cowtuft hoped everything appeared to be tidy, he was never sure these days! It could get a little messy at times.

It was only when his apprentice spoke that the medicine cat appeared to come back into focus, unaware he had gotten distracted. Ahh, so this was Leafpelt. Cowtuft's expression softened as Lightningpaw quietly whispered to him a swift explanation. He nodded his head, remembering her report. It was not uncommon for little ones to be lost in litters. They were fragile, it could easily take a turn for the worse.

He turned to look back to Leafpelt with a sympathetic gaze, "I am.. so very sorry.. for your loss.." He replied in sign, eyebrows furrowing close together at her concern. Cowtuft rose to his paws and approached the small kit, sniffing its leg that did appear to be starting to become twisted. Hm.

He pulled back, a small tilt of his head. "I.. golly, am not sure... if there is anything I can do.." He confessed, looking back at the mother with an apologetic gaze. "Sometimes.. these things happen.. they will still become a warrior.. if worse comes to worse, and can learn to adapt.. but.. I -.." He chewed nervously on his bottom lip, "have a small idea..? It is not,, intended for.. these things, but it might help.." Cowtuft explained in a vague manner, turning away from the two and heading into his storage.

He would gather a stick, moss, and cobwebs before coming back out. Splints were typically for broken limbs, not .. un-broken things. He wasn't sure how it would work, but maybe if there was early intervention it could encourage proper growth in glow. Cowtuft approached the kit, "I am... going to try and wrap your leg.. and make it a little straighter.. okay little one..? Let me know.. if it hurts.. I will try to not bend it.. in an uncomfortable manner.." He spoke quietly to Mintkit, nodding his head up and down.

Furthermore, the medicine kit went on to create a makeshift splint for Mintkit. It was split in two, not forcing the leg to go in an complete unnatural straight angle but with a lesser severe twist. Then, Cowtuft padded it with moss and wrapped it in cobwebs. "D..does that feel okay..?"

─────✰✰✰✰✰─────

ೃ⁀➷ @Alchemist Kitsune @Small

The medicine cat was a bit surprised at the sudden tangent Lightningpaw went on. He wasn't sure what had prompted his question, curiosity, maybe. It should've been caught sooner, but Cowtuft always thought that. He always thought he should've been able to intervene earlier. Unfortunately, there was no cure for some of his clanmates' stubbornness. Some wouldn't seek healing, and he couldn't do daily check-ins on every single clanmate of his. (Maybe it might be good to work on a way to do so. Something to garner attention of all his clanmates and offer an opportunity.)

"It.. is peculiar, " Cowtuft confessed quietly, a saddened look coming across his expression. "But I truly believe.. our clanmates did not do it out of malicious intent.. " If he put doubt in one, he would put doubt in everyone. He offered Lightningpaw a small smile, mulling over her words. "Perhaps, it might do good.. to teach the apprentices tell-tale signs of sickness.. in case they are not aware..!" He blinked at her last statement, a knowing look appearing in his eyes. Ah. He could see it now.

"It is alright.. little lily.. Smallpaw is in our paws now, and he will be safe.. and treated.. all he needs now is time to heal, " He explained, eyes flickering to Smallpaw who was rasping slightly. Though, swift to slip into sleep. Hmm. "I want to keep.. him supervised.. for a few days.. but after that, he should be alright.. just needs to come in for check-ins.. For now.. let's give him a quiet place to rest, hm?" He prompted gently, rising to his paws.

"You did wonderful bringing him in.. thank you, Lightningpaw.. I know things can be stressful..We can talk outside.. if you would like ? Just a little, to admire the clouds.." He offered, because maybe, a fresh air might be good.

─────✰✰✰✰✰─────

ೃ⁀➷ @Rogueheart

Cowtuft had been organizing and replacing the moss in his nests. He was happily in his thoughts, daydreaming about the stars and frolicking in the meadow. It was only when squeaky protests could be heard than he was dragged out of his daydream. Uhmmm. Cowtuft turned to the entrance, blinking rapidly in confusion. Well. He had not expected this!! He pushed whatever he was doing to the side, approaching the larger cat with the smaller cat. Sniffff. "Is..everything alright..?" Cowtuft signed in mild confusion.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; June 30th, 2023 at 02:53 AM.