View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017, 11:37 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
"You can hate me later! Right now we need to find her!" He snapped, his temper short as the two sprinted through the forest. Why did he do that? Why did he think telling a KIT to hide from everyone was a good idea? It wasn't like he wanted Orbitstreak to intentionally hate him. Shaking his head, the warrior stopped and lifted his muzzle scenting the air. Nothing but the stale scent of Skyclan and decaying leaves.

"i scent a trail. this way,"

Did he? Bramble couldn't smell anything, although in hindsight, Orbitstreak was caring for the kit. It would make sense he could rapidly discern her scent from everything. Amusement tugged at his heart at the thought of Orbit being a queen. He was sure that the warrior would shred his ears if he even hinted at it. Quickly following after the other, Brambleflight continued scenting the air, only catching the scent of Lunarkit as they proceeded further into the undergrowth. "How far do you think she is?"
the panicking tom lashed his tail, ignoring brambleflight in favor of focusing on the task at hand. his eyes flitted back and forth, an amber gaze searching for a white pelt. orbit froze and spun around in a circle, hearing something. she must have become frightened and hid in a bush, or worse, up a tree, he thought.

"shut up, i hear something." orbitstreak raced towards a bush, following the sound of tiny whimpers. poking his head into the greenery, the tom yelped as he felt small claws scratch at his face. "luna, it's me, uncle orbit!"

"orbit?"

"yes, orbit," he curled a paw towards her, nudging her out of the bush. puffing his chest, orbitstreak put on his best fatherly voice to scold the white kitten. "you are not supposed to be out here, luna. there are many dangers in which you are too young to face. please do not run from camp again."

luna ducked her head in shame, "okay, uncle orbit."

orbitstreak kept speaking, brambleflight momentarily forgotten. "your mother was my best friend, but now she is gone. i cannot lose you too, luna," he dipped his head and pressed his nose to her cheek, "i love you, my little moon. let's go home."

he looked up at bramble, heat flaring across his pelt as he realized that the mouse-brain saw a softer side to him. orbit merely narrowed his eyes and signalled to the tom that they would speak once luna is safe and in the nursery. for now, he wanted the imbecile to stay quiet.

although i don't believe that's possible, orbitstreak thought, chuckling quietly to himself.