My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: March Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by blxze. View Post

Attachment 3272
**✿❀Flashpaw❀✿**

Purrks: The Collector
@/kittycatburmise

Flashpaw nearly jumped out of her skin when the fellow apprentice padded up to her. No, that was an understatement. She did jump out of her skin when the apprentice came over. She jumped like she'd been sitting in an ant pile, tail bushed, and, when she realized it was only an apprentice. Flashpaw slumped back over to sit, still quivering- partly from nerves, partly from embarrassment. She didn't want to talk, she was scared of being judged. She'd scarcely been able to hear the fellow she-cat since she'd spoken to the wrong ear, but she turned her head to inspect the feline. When she was certain it wasn't a murderer, she Let out a quivering breath. "I-I-I-I c-ca-can-can't h-h-hea-hear-hear y-you-you-you. I-I-I c-can-can-can't fr-from th-that-tha-that e-ear." she tried to stop her stuttering, but she was so riled up from getting jolted out of her float that she couldn't avoid it, sadly. She'd never admit it, but the light ginger-colored tabby almost yelped. That would've embarrassed her even more.

She was embarrassed enough, in her opinion, so, dipping her head and shifting on her paws, Flashpaw mewed, "Wh-wh-wha-what'd y-you s-sa-say-say? My-M-m-my nam-name? Fl-Fl-Flash-Flash-paw. S-sorr-sorry. Flash-Flashpaw." she winced at her voice. Cats struggled to understand her, so she made sure to repeat herself so she wouldn't have to ask. In her opinion, it made more sense to just go ahead and repeat yourself so you wouldn't have to go through the struggle later. Often times, she had to say words three times, and at that point she was so upset with herself Flashpaw would hurry off to the apprentice's den, hating the mess out of herself and her stupid stutter, stupid half-deafness. No. No, she wasn't stupid. Lostspark said so. She had to agree, she just had to. Lostspark was smarter than she was-- or older at least. That meant that she knew more. Flashpaw had come to respect cats older than her for their many helpful tips and span of knowledge. ESPECIALLY Silverlark. Silverlark meant very very much to her, so Flashpaw wanted to treat him right. That meant listening and focusing when he spoke and taught her. The best part? He didn't care about her stutter.
Mallowpaw
39/100

The apprentice seemed to jump out of her skin when she approached her. Mallowpaw may not have been the most social cat, but she had nothing on this apprentice. Then she mentioned about not being able to hear her, and Mallowpaw's pelt burned with embarrassment. "Oh, uh, sorry," she mewed and moved to the she-cat's other side.

Her stuttering made it hard to understand her, but Mallowpaw managed to gather that her name was Flashpaw. "My name's Mallowpaw," she offered. She paused as she figured out something to say. Mallowpaw was starting to regret talking to Flashpaw. She would have been content listening to the leaders speak without any distractions. Oh well, it's too late now.

"So how's your training goi-" Mallowpaw's words were cut of as Twilightstar began to speak. She turned, listening intently until she was finished. Maybe it was bad to cut off the conversation, but she couldn't just ignore the leaders. That was the point of gatherings, after all.