View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2018, 05:35 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

@Beau (for Halfgaze when she becomes free! Just getting this post started now incase she becomes free when I am not on ^^)

Spitting away blood that had formed in a cut by her lips, Emberwing was furious. Furious that she was dragged into yet another battle. Instigated by ShadowClan, nonetheless. Her dislike for the chaotic group of cats seemed to grow stronger with each passing moon, reaching a climax with their bond to WindClan and their seemingly strong desire to attach themselves to any battle they could. It was leaf-bare - each Clan should be focused on surviving the cold moons ahead and preparing for a new Greenleaf. But here they were, with rain pelting down towards them and mud soaking their fur, battling over something that didn't even concern ShadowClan.. "Filthy fox-hearted excuses for warriors!" the russet feline yowled as she kicked away the apprentice she'd been tangling with. She was much smaller than Emberwing, and she watched the young cat turned tail to flee. The ThunderClan warrior snorted, lashing her tail as she turned, eyes narrowed as she launched herself back into the fray.

It's not that Emberwing wanted to battle. But her loyalty towards her Clan meant more to her than anything. She'd spent moons training for moments like this, to be able to fight for her Clan. Though she was kind and polite in camp, that demeanor completely changed when Emberwing was faced with defending her home. It had surfaced in the battle with WindClan, and now here it was again. This was only her second battle since becoming a warrior - her first ever battle being an apprentice at the Gathering when the Dusk Syndicate had attacked. She hadn't been any good back then, but her fighting skills had been refined, and the ThunderClan she-cat promised herself she would never loose a battle again.