View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Plant of Poison

My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

[It’s fine. I get it all the time]
The golden tom felt as though his heart had stopped working and shattered into a million pieces. There was absolutely no way that he could pick up the pieces and put them back together again. Even if he did manage such a feat, there would always be a piece missing.
As a matter of fact, Lionfrost was actually not aware that she had taken a liking to another tom. Perhaps he’d just caught her at all the wrong times. Now, the tom was really wishing that he’d seen it earlier. The words were hard for both of them. It was hard for Ivybreeze to say it, and it was hard for Lionfrost to hear it and acknowledge the fact that it was bound to happen eventually. He’d thought about it before during his time in StarClan, but he’d never actually realised just how much it would hurt him.

Jealousy and guilt clawed at his insides. Jealousy because he was jealous that some other cat could make Ivybreeze feel the way that he had, and guilt because he was feeling jealous. He shouldn’t be doing this. Lionfrost knew that he couldn’t keep her to himself now that he was dead, and he new that she deserved to be happy. He wanted her to be happy more than anything, but even that couldn’t stop the hurting in his heart. Now he would probably be nothing more than a memory. How many cats would remember him now that Ivybreeze would be busy thinking about someone else all the time? Probably none. He would be forgotten. It would be like he had never existed.
Lionfrost was ready to let the tears run down his face in streams. He knew that this must be the end of him and he was starting to dread the future more than he had ever before.

Lionfrost forced a smile onto his maw, not aware of the warmth that it lacked. “It’s fine. You deserve to be happy,” Lionfrost whispered back, pressing his muzzle to her cheek. And that was a lie right there. It wasn’t fine, and it was clear in his golden eyes but he didn’t want to make things worse for his mate. Or rather, probably his former mate. The tom knew that it was bad of him to lie to himself. But it was even worse that he was lying to Ivybreeze. Even if it was for the sake of her happiness.
Ivybreeze looked at him, her eyes full of pain and sadness. "But it isn't!" She reached up to lick his cheek. ''You're lying anyways, Lionfrost." She sighed, noting how down he looked even when he smiled. "I will always love you." She promised rubbed her head under his chin, affectionately. "I've never stopped thinking about you." She whispered, her meow cracking. Her heart was slowly cracking. She hated to tell him like this, but it would be even worse when he saw it for himself. She loved Ravenflight of course, but she would never forget her first love.

"So go on, dare me to lose, dare me to move
Dare me to run
And you can dare me to prove something to you
Is that what you want?"-Dare, Daya