View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2018, 02:57 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
Pinkpaw nodded slowly,” Alright, but what do I do if it keeps continuing, should I see you again, so you can check with Starclan on it?” She stammered nervously trying to convince herself tha Caliapaw was correct.
Why was it that some cats seemed to believe such silly things? ”Don’t worry about it.” The medicine cat shrugged, her tone short - as even as she was trying to keep it. Just as she was about to walk away, she stopped - tensed a little - and then turned back around to face Pinkpaw again. ”But if it happens so much that it worries you, then sure, see me again and I’ll “check in” with StarClan on it.” The last few words were spoken with a short laugh, one that was suppressed fairly easily and could have been mistaken for a friendly gesture - though Caliapaw did find the whole situation all too funny. Some days she wondered if Wheatfur was laughing at her, having to deal with this kind of thing… these were actually times she felt happy when she thought of the medicine cat. And these were the times when she felt like she was doing things right. When there was no pressure, no stress… just a silly, simple little problem that she could fix. Although it might not have seemed that way to Pinkpaw, this was just what her situation was - silly and simple. Caliapaw didn’t mind a challenge, but some easy riding was appreciated every once in a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiraeth View Post
he listened intently, his tail flicking occasionally. powdernose's ears lowered and raised as if he were a rabbit listening for a predator. once stonegazer finished speaking, he silently observed every word. it wasn't too out of believability that stonegazer had been a friendly, outspoken feline once. he had simply matured as he grew older, and is now known as a cold and collected tom. powdernose, on the other hand, had stayed the same. even as a kit he had been lazy, not wanting to leave the nursery in favor of sleeping. his apprenticeship had been shaky, proving that he was not fond of working very hard for the clan. however, powdernose had also become more energetic as he developed into a warrior, able to understand more about the clan.

with a quiet sigh, he spoke. "you have certainly matured into quite a clever tom." his head dipped, tail twitching. "i never knew my parents. when i was a kit, i was brought to the clans by my biological mother to be cared for by a foster one. of course, my foster mother was very kind and taught me very many things about my parents, yet i still wish to see them. they must be out there somewhere, though they may not recogmize their son. i've grown and developed, i'm not just some tiny kit anymore," powdernose shrugged, "my original name was sleepingkit. i wasn't even named when i was brought to the clan. all i would do was sleep in the nursery, curled against my foster mother's side. her kit had been stillborn, so she took me in and cared for me just as if i were her own."

"once i grew closer to being an apprentice, my fur grew longer and my name was changed to powderkit. i guess sleepingkit was too reflective of my laziness, according to my foster mother. i don't have very many special things that may have happened when i was young, like sickness or injury, but i do know that whatever i did as a kit, i have matured now. i've tested my limits and seen where to stop as to not push myself too far. but, i still have one wish. to travel and see my parents." powdernose's ears slowly lowered as he looked to the ground. he waited, silent, his breathing the only sound that could be heard in the quiet of the small tunnel.
Listening to Powdernose’s backstory, the grey tom was glad that he wasn’t the only one who didn’t have the most captivating tale. Yet it was fascinating, learning where the warrior had come from - hearing about his wish, the one that was revealed at the end of the story… and Stonegazer wouldn’t have minded hearing more of it. He liked - no, scratch that - he loved being prudent, with the type of ability to always be on time, one that others admired and were jealous of - or did that sound like he was bragging too much? Stonegazer had never been one to show off, really… he found it better to stay back, be a driving force, but not in the spotlight - being a loyal member of the Clan was all this warrior really desired.

Yet every once in a while, there was a proud moment - a split-second of arrogance, when he would allow himself to be built up and become more… haughty in his speech. ”That is quite the tale.” The warrior murmured approvingly, when the feline was done, and an almost-smile softened his appearance momentarily. The stony expression slipped back in directly after, and gave no evidence that there had been any light there, but it didn’t change the fact that, for just a moment, Stonegazer had almost appeared to feel. A proud moment indeed, for the young warrior who had made him do so - however, it probably wouldn’t happen again. The warrior just hadn’t been built for smiling.

”I hope you will get to see your parents again, someday. Traveling, perhaps - but you would be missed in ThunderClan. And as for being worried about them not recognizing you, perhaps your scent will be remembered by one of them.” Stonegazer’s voice sounded thoughtful when he finished his statement, and - though he tried to keep it out - doubtful as well. A kit separated from his parents at such a young age was unlikely to ever see them again, especially because he wouldn’t know them if he did see them - and they wouldn’t recognize him, either. Even by scent, it was a long shot. And even if Powdernose’s foster mother had told him a lot about them… would it be enough?

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.