View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2017, 11:31 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: - foolish pleasures (private) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Bubbles noticed the other cat's fur bristling and froze in her tracks. The sweet molly was far from brave and could feel her heartbeat speeding up at the thought that this stranger could be dangerous. The Siamese was quickly entering panic-mode, not having enough sense or knowledge of the wild to realize that she should probably run. But then, the tom's fur settled, at least she thought it did. It still looked rather messy and Bubbles wondered, Is this what his fur looks like even settled? The kittypet had only ever seen the sleek fur of pampered cats, cats like her, and wasn't used to messiness. But, she found it intriguing and actually becoming. As far as Bubbles knew, this tom was one of the fabled warrior cats of the forest, which scared her out of her mind but also exhilarated her. Obviously wild cats would have messy fur! Bubbles thought with amusement at her own silliness. He seemed friendly enough for a fierce forest cat, even complimenting her! Bubbles wasn't the type to have very original or rebellious ideas and, growing up in the home of a prestigious breeder and shower of cats, the pretty Siamese was used to sexist comments. She didn't even know what sexism was and figured that the patronizing compliments were how compliments were meant to be, having lived with arrogant show toms all her life. The strange tom's words made Bubbles blush under her fur and she blinked sweetly at him. As he rose to his paws, Bubbles grew a bit frightened once more, but the naive she-cat had already decided that this tom was friendly and didn't try to put any distance between them even as the larger cat invaded her personal space to brush against her. "I'm Bubbles," the pretty Siamese mewed, watching the silver tom with big blue eyes, "what's your name?"
Bubbles? What a unique name! Not one that a show cat would have, Barracuda didn't think, but then again - maybe he was right. Barracuda wasn't exactly the best name for a show cat either, but that had never bothered him. He was just like his namesake - fierce, and he would rip you apart if you got in his way. Not she cats, though, the tom rarely fought with a she cat. Flirting was his specialty with that gender. Toms? If they bothered him, then he would push them aside. Rip them apart. If they were his competition, then they didn't stand a chance. Barracuda was fairly well-known in the show cat world, but it was near impossible to recognize him at this moment.

He looked more wild then before, but the grey and black streaked tom loved it. Too bad show cats were supposed to be groomed perfectly, be perfect to a 't,' because he wished he could keep this look for good. Oh well. It was easy enough to do, just roll around, run through the woods, be like a kitten for a while, and then he would be able to return to being a loner. Now, as far as telling her his own name... would she recognize it? "The name's Barracuda, sweetheart." He gave her a wink before twisting his tail around her own. Hmm... this wouldn't be much of a challenge, would it? Not as much as he would have liked, but then again, foolish cats were a pretty good thing to entertain himself with.

"So, Bubbles... that's a unique name. For a beautiful cat, hm? Where did you get your beautiful name from?" He asked. One thing that Barracuda had learned was that the more foolish the cat, the more compliments it was best to throw in. With every word you could get them drawn in further. Nyx had been a little harder, she seemed to like to play a game, and Iris had been fairly hard too. Not super difficult, but she had played hard to get and started flirting back with him. Well, he would see how this was going to go with Bubbles. Perhaps it would be easier then he was imagining.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.