View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: February Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

(Hope you don't mind if I join you~)

Surgestorm shuffled into the clearing, smiling despite everything going on. However, beyond an easy-going expression, he was tense and uncertain. Yellow orbs were directly upward to the sky, eyeing the dark clouds in the distance. StarClan was obviously angry, but he didn't know why. After a moment, he made his way to the front of the crowd, noticing Shinefang had been the first medicine cat to arrive. The tom hadn't talked much to the SkyClan medicine cat since he was fairly new to the job, but only hesitated a moment before choosing to sit next to the older tom. "Nice to see you are well," He meowed in greeting, ignorant of the pain the other was in - at least for the moment. The skilled medicine cat would see the next time the other moved, knowing from moons of seeing his elders try to hide their pain. "How have things been in SkyClan?"
(Mind?! I'm trilled! Welcome!)

Shinefang looked up at the sound of paws padding up to him. He'd been to enough Gatherings as a warrior to to recognize the Windclan medicine cat immediately. "Surgestorm," the older tom meowed in greeting, looking over the medicine cat with his lone, amber eye. Shinefang hadn't been Skyclan's medicine cat for long, and had really only managed to get to know Daydream and Junebug so far. This cat? He knew very little about. He could almost hear his late mate's voice echoing in his shredded ears from Starclan.

"Learn from the other medicine cats, oh wonderful and handsome tomcat, and probably one of the greatest warriors Skyclan ever had the privilege or siring."

He was reasonably sure that had been the jist of it. Anyway, the other tom had hardly taken his seat before Shinefang had already made a plan to ask him for a training session in his spare time. Nevermind that he thought Windclan had been as mousebrained as cats could be declaring war in leafbare when the food if scarce and the herbs are eager. "Same as in Windclan, I'd imagine: cold and gloomy. Still, I'd say we'll make it. Wish greenleaf would move it's tail already though." The old tom gave a chuckle at his own joke, shifting his weight as he did so in just the wrong way. A fang of pain bit into the joint of his right foreleg and he winced. It was over in an instant, and he never imagined the other cat would notice. Without missing a beat, added casually, "All grouching aside, how is the prey running?"

Last edited by Charmer; February 17th, 2018 at 10:07 PM.