View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 01:01 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Cherrypaw brushed her paw over her ears to hide her face from the other apprentice. Hurt temporarily streamed through her veins. How could Foxpaw build her up, then say something like that? Did he really see her as a temporary companion? Her worries faded as the ginger tom continued. He'd only been joking, Cherrypaw thought with a sigh of relief. She felt hot under her pelt. The snow white she-cat hoped Foxpaw couldn't tell how upset she'd been, even if it were only for a few heartbeats. She waited a bit to speak, continuing to run her paw over her ear until she didn't feel so hot anymore. She bit her lip and did the same thing Foxpaw had done to her. She tilted her head and gazed past Foxpaw, pretending to be deep in thought. "I'll think about it. Ask me again in a couple moons." She hadn't been able to get through her entire sentence without purring and giggling a little bit. She shook her head, telling Foxpaw that she was joking too. "I'll promise you right now that you'll be the first cat I go on patrol with as a warrior. We'll be the best two cat patrol around." Cherrypaw's blue eyes sparkled as she thought of the future. Then again, she was always thinking of the future. She was too impatient to wait for it. "I think we're gonna stay friends no matter how old we get." The she-cat assured Foxpaw with a smile. "All the way until we're senior warriors and elders, and even past then!" This wasn't something Cherrypaw was just saying. She believed it. The smaller apprentice thought the two of them got along well, even after the few bumps they hit earlier. They had the potential to be very good friends.
”I agree. Well… maybe we won’t always be just friends forever.” The ginger tom mewed, with a suggestive purr as he glanced at Cherrypaw. He knew she would probably be annoyed with the comment, but he had always been the type of cat to take a risk - and he was hoping that someday, maybe, Cherrypaw would be willing to take a chance on him. She definitely didn’t seem like the type. She seemed more like the type of cat to want to play it safer when it came to this type of thing - and, while she seemed a little bit into him, Foxpaw wasn’t quite sure just how “into him” she was. He would find out, eventually - surely she couldn’t keep feelings hidden forever.

Foxpaw just liked flirting… a serious relationship was something he wasn’t really interested in yet. Although he was definitely thinking about the future more and more now. It was a scary thing, the future… what would happen if one day, he woke up and the Clan was under attack and he never got a chance to have a family? As an older apprentice, Foxpaw thought about settling down sometimes - but at the same time, he wasn’t quite sure that he would be ready for that anytime soon. A mate and kits sounded great when he was older, but soon? Definitely not. He’d have to find the right she cat, first of all… and that was hard enough. The tom’s ears pricked up when he heard someone calling him from outside the den - or at least, that was what it sounded like.

”Ah… tell you what, Cherrypaw, I’ve got to get going now. You know how it is - the price of fame and all. But I’ll be seeing you around, right?” He asked, getting up out of his nest and winking at the pretty white feline, awaiting her answer before he would finally leave. Foxpaw was somewhat irritated at having his conversation with the she cat interrupted, but at the same time, he supposed it was for the best. After all, he was running out of a material… and there was no use in a flirty tom who ran out of compliments.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.