View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang watched in silence as Gorsepaw finished her herbs and drifted back to sleep again. She looked much like her remembered Acornpaw looking when he'd taken the poppy seeds. Peaceful. Quite. So sure that the medicine cat had to be right when he said he was going to be ok. With his patient sound asleep, he went back to his work. He organized his herbs, checked in on the queens, and collected thistle from a patch just outside of camp. He never stayed away for long, and checked on the apprentice often to make sure she was was still breathing. When night came, he slept, and when morning came, he woke and Gorsepaw was still sound asleep. He went to his herb wall and picked up some of the red poppy flowers he'd set out to dry, and gently tapped them against a beech leaf to make a packet. He was just in the process of carefully folding a full one when a voice suddenly rang out. "Foxdung!" the old tom exclaimed in surprise, accidentally knocking the leaf and scattering the tiny seeds. "Wha- oh Gorsepaw." He listened as the little shecat jabbered on asking if she could leave the medicine den that day. Recovering himself, he gave a small amused snort and padded over to check her tail. "How about we see how you're healing is going first," he remarked. Peeling away the sticky cobwebs, he could see that the bleeding had stopped for now, but the end up the tail stump was still red and a bit swollen. "Not just yet," he replied shortly. "You're healing well, but you're not quite past the risk of infections. I know it's hard to wait, but keep in mind, you just had a really risky procedure. You lost a lot of blood and your body is going to need all the help it can get to heal." Grabbing a fresh swatch of cowbebs and some comfrey and chervil, he added, "Still, I would say you feeling better is a good sign. Are you hungry?"
At first Gorsepaw was disappointed and frustrated that after all she had been through she still had to sit here and wait for another few days. But of course, she understood ShineFang's reasons completely. "Actually, yeah I am. I haven't eaten in ages cause I've been so asleep. Just a little mouse or shrew will do though. I don't have a big appetite just yet." The tabby mewed. "Since I'm staying here for a few days more and I don't want to sit around and sleep...is there anything I can help you with?"