View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2017, 07:34 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Obsidiansky grinned at Fawnskip's eagerness, and curled his tail around his paws. "Okay then. I'll just give you part of the story." If Fawnskip wanted more hints, then Obsidiansky would give them to her day by day - a little bit at a time, just enough to keep her interested. The tom got the feeling that she liked to play games. You want to play a game? We'll play a game. Flirting was a type of game, after all, one that Obsidiansky didn't like very much... he found it to be based off of lies, most of the time, although maybe he just thought that because of his friend. "There was a time when I probably would have been super thrilled that you were flirting with me - when you were, that is. Like, on top of the world thrilled." He stopped and looked over at her to see her reaction.

"I had a friend a long time ago. He was a good friend to me... when we were kits, we talked about training together. Apprentices, we talked about becoming warriors together. My friend had a sister - a really nice sister. And through him, I got to know her. We were apprentices together and young warriors. And then, something happened." Obsidiansky figured that this was the best spot to stop his story for the day. If Fawnskip could figure out what happened, he would be impressed; it wasn't the traditional 'she broke his heart because she was flirty' or 'he loved her, but she died' or 'she fell in love with his best friend' which would have been wrong anyways - his best friend was her brother.

No, it was a little more sinister and dark then that... and Obsidiansky hated talking about it. Still, he figured that she would never know. Even if she did find out, at that point, the tom would trust Fawnskip enough to talk to her openly about it. But this story, with all it's twists and turns, was exactly how he had come to be guarded this way. It had ended shortly before he had met Sagewhisker, shortly before the Evil Era had ended, and it had ended the last way Obsidiansky would have expected: with the last cat he would have expected to be the "bad guy." It was almost like watching someone else's life from the outside when he looked back on it, and when he did look back on it, he began to realize he never should have trusted either one of those cats
Fawnskip adopted an embarrassed expression when Obsidiansky mentioned he once would've been thrilled to be her flirting victim. She even giggled softly, shaking her head slightly in disbelief. Her disbelief was genuine; no way Obsidiansky was once a tomcat who would openly invite flirtatious comments! He seemed so... dark and reserved, and Fawnskip had sorta assumed he'd always been that way. She imagined him to be a dark-pelted kit crouched in the far corner of the nursery, dully watching the other kits playing. She imagined him as an apprentice, a bored expression on his face as he followed his mentor through the territory. She imagined him as a warrior, quietly and gruffly leading others on a patrol. Fawnskip had trouble seeing Obsidiansky as a once happy-go-lucky feline.

She listened intensively, eager to absorb all the details. Fawnskip was determined to guess Obsidiansky's seemingly tragic backstory, and she was sure she'd guess correctly - eventually, that is. She tilted her head slightly as he finished, eyes narrowed in thought. After a few moments of silence, she asked, ``I have a feeling your story has something to do with flirting? Did she lie to you?`` This was the most common cause of heartbreak under the category of flirting. Lying is flirting's best friend - Fawnskip knew this better than anybody. If lies were the core of the situation, Obsidiansky's female friend was probably a flirt as well and had flirted - lied - her way into Obsidiansky's heart. Obsidiansky found out, and the relationship just fell apart due to the fact that trust was not a reliable factor.