View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2017, 06:28 PM

My Mood: Bored

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Alphafury @Hexict

Herb expert. Oh, how Juniperpaw wished she was just that. Unfortunately, she knew close to nothing about herbs which is how she lost her first two patients - she'd no clue how to treat them. Luckily, she was aware, though not completely confident, that feverfew was the correct herb to use. However, she wouldn't let Mistfall and the unnamed kit know she wasn't one hundred percent sure in fear of adding to their anxiety. Instead, Juniperpaw continued to warmly gaze at the loner kit, and what she hoped was a comforting purr rumbled in her throat. ``Don't worry, bug, I won't hurt you. I'm here to help you.`` Of course, the kit would not know that, but she'd do everything in her power to convince the little one of that. ``Eat this leaf, okay?`` she meowed softly, carefully nudging a couple bits of the feverfew closer to her patient. ``It tastes kinda gross,`` Juniperpaw's dull green eyes adopted a sympathetic gleam, ``but I promise you it will help you feel better.``

The young feline wondered what brought this poor kit to Riverclan. Where were the parents? Siblings? Why was she in the river? All these questions Juniperpaw yearned to find answers to, but for the kit's sake she was willing to wait. She would not overwhelm the unnamed kit with such questions. First thing's first - get the kit to eat the herb, even if just a nibble. Juniperpaw's eyes brightened as an idea engulfed her. ``Oh, I know... How about you eat these small bits... and then I'll let you have some of the honey I have in store?`` Juniperpaw loved honey. Whenever she had it though, she'd become more hyper than she already was, so it became limited to her. Every now and then, however, she'd sneak just a bit. It was why Juniperpaw always had honey in the den, but she was willing - sometimes - to share it, and this was one of those times.

Yes, the relationship between Juniperpaw and Geckoleaf had been... for lack of a better word, awkward. But just when Juniperpaw was ready to talk things over and make things right, Geckoleaf disappeared. She'd never gotten the chance to resolve things; the last encounter with her mentor had been one of resentment and confusion. She would forever regret that, her poor parting with her mentor. It haunted her daily, but she was sure it was nothing compared to what others were feeling, those who knew Geckoleaf better than herself. And not to mention Russetstar. It was as if Juniperpaw was replacing Cricketpaw, but she wasn't doing it intentionally. Geckoleaf came to her with the offer of medicine cat apprentice, but to this day, Juniperpaw still doesn't know why. She would've declined the offer if she knew what was to come.
@AbsurdJinx @Hexict

The small kit shakily looked from both the She-cats nervousnessly But she seemed to catch that the older cats had good intentions but even if they didn’t she couldn’t have done anything against it, she was too tired to as well as confused. She knew nothing about herself nor of what happened before she ran into Mistfall but her best hope was to trust these mysterious cats. She soon looked back at the leaf that was pushed towards her and very cautiously obeyed the medicine cat apprentices words and lowered her head while propping herself up onto her very shaky legs in order to sniff the leaf.

Her legs were spindly to say the least as they shook under her weight and were almost held awkwardly just so that she could stay standing upright. She soon parted her small jaws and took a bite of the leaf before scrunching up her muzzle in disgust at the harsh, foul flavour that now filled her mouth that pushed her to spit it out, but however she was still kind of fearful of these cats and out of fear she swallowed the mouthful and tried her best to devour the last of the putrid tasting plant in order to please them or to hopefully get what had been offered to her.

A place to rest and sleep was what the kit wanted the most after the grey and white cat mentioned it and her aching limbs screamed for it.
After finally finishing the herb the kit allowed her weak legs to give in under her and landed on the ground with a light thud but she didn’t remove her gaze from the two cats as she crained her head to look at them with a cautious look in her eye and wasn’t sure if she should speak or not.