View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2024, 12:54 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Wingpaw
He/him | 6 moons | Mind Reader • Silver Tongue • Go with the Flow [inactive] • [Open]
...Okay, what was this? There was no arguing, no immediate thing that indicated to Wingpaw that Ripplepelt would ignore him or cast him to the side. He eyed her warily, realizing her words were genuine. Huh. That was new - and sort of thwarted his initial plans to be intimidating and scare her into actually training. Maybe she was like Rushwater? Time would only tell, and he would still keep an eye on her... but he would be lying if he said he didn't feel at least a bit of relief that his brother's mentor was competent.

"Good. He needs to be." Sitting up a bit straighter Wing did his best to figure out what else he wanted to say, not having been expecting the warrior to listen to him. While it did wretch his pre-planned speech a little he wasn't about to risk her attention going away while he had it. "Honey is... well, he's a bit softer than most. I want to make sure he's trained good - able to defend himself, knows the territory well. He's already escaped camp once before, and I can't watch him every moment of the day..." That... pained Wingpaw to say, but it was the truth; he wouldn't be able to look out for his little brother as much as he wanted to (he hadn't expected he would need to...).

Dismissing the furrowed brows and troubled look, the caliby looked back up at Ripplepelt with the same narrowed yet slightly thoughtful gaze. "If I have to hear that he's out in the territory on his own, or not being trained or paid attention to, I will do something about it." His words grew a bit more firm now, taking his hard stance on his brother's training. But while at first he had expected to have to monitor Honeypaw's training more closely, now he felt... not comfortable, really, but more... okay than he'd initially thought letting someone else help keep an eye out.

The trust wasn't there yet though; that would take time. Their father, despite Wingpaw's mixed feelings regarding the tom, had failed them in ways that carved deep, distrusting wounds into his chest. It would take awhile before any cat was able to really break that down - no cat really had yet.

[ @lesbianism ]