View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2024, 04:57 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Confused

Default Re: Pinewatch Patch

Brutus
Male / 3 Moons / KittyPet / Sexuality Unknown
Small, scrawny, thick-furred tom with brown fur, white points, a squirrel-like tail and very bright blue eyes.

So- like- prey. D’ya eat the eyes? The bones? Just seems a little nasty, Y’know? I mean, you do you, but you won’t find me munching on any eyes and bones anytime soon, my friend,
~Brutus

✽❀✽

You know? Brutus began to think to himself as paw by paw he stepped through the flowers and plants, most small and easy to get passed. Maybe it was worth it getting dumped all burnt up onto the streets- I kinda like roaming. With a furless, mildly stingy paw, Brutus prodded at the small flower just beneath his feet. He paused where he stood. It was tiny and delicate, but beautiful all the same, with pale petals protruding from its center. Brutus lifted his paw a bit higher, letting it hover just over these petals. Oh, what a shame… a shame he had to arrive, and just… hiya! Brutus’s paw came down on the plants, crushing the poor thing beneath it. Then like the weirdo he was, he he smiled a small smile, and returned to prancing through the plants and flowers.

He had to admit, it wasn’t exactly perfect, this lifestyle. He was actually quite hungry, and the slight scent of other animals made his stomach growl. He had made sure to stock his belly up on food back at Athena’s kittypet family’s home, but after all of the running and treading he’d done through the wild recently, it never seemed to be enough. The Gods above knew how old he was, and although he usually didn’t care about his mysterious age, he seemed old enough to be craving some meals. Unfortunately for him at the moment, though, flowers and leaves weren’t exactly his ideal meal.

Brutus felt his stomach cramp just a little again, as if trying to tell him, “Take a rest, dummy- you’ve still got the whole way back to Athena’s. Brain-dead-lump!” So once again, Brutus stopped. He shrank into a sit, and allowed his squirrel’ish tail to rest over his raw paws. Almost immedietly, the stomach cramp fell into a simple hollow hunger. Once he was down and seated, he realized how tired he actually felt. Funny how little I notice about myself while I walk, Brutus thought. He exhaled silently, tired paws and eyes taking rest. Thoughts of kittypet kibble and good meals faded into his head, taking up his thought space, his imagination. Once he was back home, he’d lay down, let his eyes shut, and leave his body to rest… what a day, what a day…

Brutus jumped when a voice broke through his thoughts. He jumped a little, and swung his head around to find the face of a tall tabby just behind him. Instantly, curiosity flooded through him, and Brutus scrambled to his feet. He didn’t care about the fact that his bare and burnt paws were being displayed- this was his chance to get to know somebody! Show somebody how much of a freak he truly was! And her question? He thought about it. ‘A small thing,’ she’d said. What was a small thing like him doing here. Brutus’s smile returned to his face, slightly manic with excitement. Oh, he was sure he could show her that his size was absolutely nothing compared to his personality.

He turned completely to face her, tail raised high, up on his toes. Then just like that, his voice shot out. “Why, hello! I mean, hey, you’re- my, you’re tall…!” His smile didn’t falter, and from that point on, neither did his voice. “Wow! You’re the second cat I’ve ever met, actually! Are you a ghost, huh? A spirit? Wait, no- maybe you’re a coyote in disguise…” He laughed his high-pitched squeak-excuse for a laugh. “That’s cool, because I’m pretty sure I’m literally a squirrel reincarnated! Funny, right? Have you ever eaten a family member?

Then without warning, Brutus shut up, and with wide eyes, stared into the depths of this stranger’s soul. His eyes were shining with interest, tail flickering back and forth in the air. He really didn’t care which comment or question she answered/responded to first- anything to talk to her! This was his second conversation… well, ever! He was mastering this!

That was when he noticed the dead rabbit corpse hanging out on the ground near the cat, and he gasped loudly. “That…” Somehow, his smile grew. “IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! Are you going to eat it? Like, ew, but, are you? Really? Are you?!” Wide eyes, wide smile, hoppity-tail. Pure, undeniable excitement and curiosity.

Brutus was sure he was killing this conversation, and in the good way. He was sure he knew exactly how to communicate with others. Clearly.

✽❀✽

// If something (anything) Brutus says doesn’t make any sense at all, no worries. He isn’t quite sure what he’s saying either. \\

~ @nyx ~

Feel free to stop by, request a roleplay, or just chat! I’m all open!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; April 8th, 2024 at 01:35 PM.