View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad King View Post
@Charmer

"Affiliation does not define identity. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still a ShadowClan cat regardless of what those twinklin' half-hearted rats may say. I might as well be in the Dark Forest given they were willing to reward a traitor and a murderer over justice." Even after all the moons that passed, the transparent medicine cat was still bitter over the choices of their ancestors and his Clan-mates following the first Dark Forest uprising. Nothing had ever been done to redeem their actions. "What gave it away?" His tone had dropped, almost becoming snippy. If he wasn't a former healer, why else would he be here?

"I was a medicine cat a long time ago. The details don't matter. What's important is you're having some pain and you don't know how to handle it. There's a couple herbs available for use of this .. but the most common and readily available one is your priority. Have you ever tried stripping bark from willow trees?"
Shinefang was almost taken aback. He had never spoken to a cat with as many insulting names for the cats of Starclan as himself. I'll have to step up my game, he mused privately, never to be outdone by any shining and shimmering, foxhearted kitwits. He gave a shrug, "Well, it was either that or you heard the Starclan shecats talking and had to see for yourself. Mystery solved, I am indeed that handsome." the old tom said, grinning his twisted, grimace-like grin, cocking his head in mock coyness and showing off the scars on his face.

In spite of his not-so covert desire to knock the other tom off his Skyboulder, his ears perked up when the tom mentions his joint pain. It was true, the colder the season got, the worse it became. He had spent most of the mornings lately shuffling from the stiffness. Daydream had told him about using daisy leaves, but he had no idea what those looked like. Willowtree bark? "I have not," he said flatly, all joking set aside now. If it was really that simple, he was in luck. There was a willow tree in Skyclan's territory not far from the Starcave. "What should I do with it once I have it?" he asked, unsure if he was meant to apply it to his joints or... eat tree bark?