Thread: Smallpines
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: ThunderClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

What was with the use of affectionate nicknames…? The tiger printed feline felt odd when she he used them. Alienated in a way because deep within him something rumbled. It was soft, a bit inaudible to hear, but he felt the emotion within him. Tigerbreeze mimicked her purr, his more softer because it didn’t comprehend to him that he should be doing it at all. He had stated the truth. There was something odd about this Riverclan feline. The fact that she thought she could welcome herself into the neighboring clan made Tigerbreeze realize that she was bold. Very bold. ‘’Hey!’’ His ears flicked irritably at her words. Who was she calling Mousebrain? Tigerbreeze didn’t want to disrupt where he sat. It was a comfortable ledge. He wondered if he leaned even further, would he be able to catch the many cats that settled into the opposing clan. But, he didn't dare move from this spot. His eyes slithered to catch the fiery molly, casually displaying a cool motive. She didn't seem like the type to want to cause an ambush. She had been on Thunderclan’s territory. By right, he could chase her off, or bring her back to Snowstar to handle. “Who you calling mousebrain?” He was offended, yet his whiskers twitched with amusement, wiggling on his face in a dancing manner. A hole seemed to have grown in his heart, the pit empty and sad. He was a loyal warrior to Thunderclan, but at the moment he wasn't proving his loyalty to his leader. He practically allowed this she cat to vacation on their territory. The agitation pricked in his paws, and he retracted them deeper into the bark of the tree. Casting the thought aside, he turned to the molly to give her a smile. She was toying with him - that was it, wasn’t it? She voiced the very words that he thought. If he wanted her gone, he would had chased her out. There was still time to do that, however. It was the right thing to do. Yet, Tigerbreeze felt he never grasped the initial thought of integrity. Just like her, he was reckless, and wanted to have a little fun. She was keeping him from boredom. He hadn’t expected to crash into the feline while strolling the borders. ’’Don’t push your limits.’’ He grunted, stretching his body for a moment along the branch. His claws were clinging onto the wood, and he ignored the numb pain that started to reside there. ‘’I may be a thunderclan cat, but I’m warning you now - I run like a windclan one.’’ The tom had shifted his body to where he was near her, his brilliant colored hues trailing her form for a moment. By this time, he caught her smirk, one of his own etched onto his maw. He curled his tail around the branch to furthermore support his weight. ‘’I don’t think you’re making a smart choice - or a right one.’’ If he were any other cat, he was sure he wouldn’t have the patience with this riverclan kitty on their turf. Though Tigerbreeze always had been a friendly cat. Quite frankly, when you see a pretty feline, you just don’t push them away so easily. The tom felt himself a little drawn towards her. Something so exotic, that he had to catch it. The sensitivity of her fur against his own brought a pleasuring spark to his insides. Whenever Tigerbreeze was around such pretty felines, he wasn’t afraid to display affection. The mere image of Desertpelt entered his mind, and the tom reeled back quickly, setting a meager distance between them. The flash of silence between them had made the tom itch. He wasn’t the one for silence. It was already awkward since he first met the feline earlier, and here they were. Talking like old friends. His ears twisted towards her, and slowly he turned his head to listen to the molly speak. ‘’Sounds devastating.’’ Good thing Thunderclan wasn’t in ruins. Tigerbreeze couldn’t imagine how cramped their camp must’ve been. ‘’Two medicine cats are better than one, though. May Starclan be with River and Shadow.’’ He dipped his head, his words soft and sincere. The clans were already going through so much, why add on to the chaos? He didn’t find it in any harm in telling her this - especially since his own love resided there at the moment. Upon her next responses, he simply nodded, giving a little snort of amusement. When suddenly she asked her question, Tigerbreeze felt himself withdrawing. His mind flashed back to when he saw her getting away from the flooded camp. She was safe. Heavily soaked, but safe. They said...they would try. Only, he didn’t know what they were. In love - yes. Mates? The tom flicked his ears, gazing at the other feline with a softened, unreadable expression. Giving his jaws a lick, he nodded. ‘’Yeah, actually I am. A friend. I just need to know if she made it safely in riverclan.’’ This friend meant a lot to him. Meant the world to him. Giving the she cat a sideways glance, he asked, ‘’Desertpelt. Heard of her? Possibly seen her? If you do…’’ He paused. A quaint emotion inside his stomach. Like a ton of rocks positioned there. ‘’Could you - possibly - tell her that. Uh...I can’t wait to see her?’’ The two had promised to meet up. They promised to try to make things work between them.
The fiery she-cat smirked, looking at the Thunderclan tom with a twitch of amusement showing in her whiskers as he noted right away that she had, indeed, called him a mouse-brain without much hesitation in the warrior’s actions. “Well, perhaps I wouldn't call you that if I knew your name, stranger.” Wildfire mentioned, chuckling lightly as she could see the amusement in his stance, despite the offended tone from before. “If it makes you feel better, you have permission to call me a fish-breath.” She offered, her tail swaying behind her as it hung loosely off the branch that she was perched on. She looked at the tom for a moment, finding him rather entertaining and silly to be around. Most of the males in Riverclan were either settled down with a mate and kittens or a total fox-hearted jerk. Of course, all the females besides her jumped to the chance and took all the nice males. To be honest, she was surprised that her brother didn't have a mate yet, always being so charming in she-cat’s eyes. A simple thought about this made her want to throw-up, despising her older brother. However, the grunting tone of the male next to her brought her back to their further conversation. “Oh? But I thought I already had pushed them since the moment you caught me up here.” Wildfire teased him with a sparkle in her amber-hued eyes, a small laugh coming from her when she heard his next remark. “Oh, I'm so scared.” She said, rolling her eyes before taking a moment to be serious, “But yeah, I believe you on that, don't worry. No funny business from this dame. You have my word on that.” Wildfire claimed, placing a paw on her chest to assure herself to him, though what he said after this made her simply smile after giving a slight huff. “If you personally knew me or were in Riverclan, you would know that I'm not known for making the very best decisions for my own gain.” She said, her smile faltering as she looked off into the forest, “It seems to be the only thing that lets me stand out among the crowd.” There was a moment of silence from the she-cat before she shook her head, turning back to the tom that accompanied her. “It is quite the tragedy.” She said, looking up to the sky that peeked through the tree leaves above them, “May Starclan have mercy on Shadowclan for what they've endured lately.” Wildfire mentioned, thoughtful towards their rival clan for a few seconds. They were all in this together, but sadly, not many cats were willing to accept that. As the young warrior listened to the tom tell her of his worries for a friend that stayed in her camp, she nodded, thinking for a moment. “The name does sound familiar.. I don't know them personally though, unfortunately.” Wildfire expressed, her ears flicking as this tom seemed to show clear affection towards this Desertpelt character. “I'll see what I can do.” She said, a soft smile resting on her muzzle. She was a lot of things - annoying, adventurous, bold and even reckless - but she was not heartless. “This she-cat must mean quite a lot to you,” Wildfire mentioned, serious and sincere, rather than playful like before, “She is lucky to have found a tom as caring as you towards her.”