View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 07:13 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Cherrypaw was late. Blazingcomet must have been standing on the training plateau for at least 20 minutes, and she was definitely late. Or was he early? The sun had come up a little while ago, and the tom was ready to train his apprentice. His eyes flashed as he looked around at his surroundings, eyeing them with somewhat of an annoyed expression. Though, to be honest, he probably wouldn't even get on to Cherrypaw about being late. It was just something that happened, wasn't it? Sometimes you were late. Being late is one thing, but being late for training? No. Classic apprentice move, apprentices tended to be late unless they were CRAZY about training, and even in that case, sometimes time got away from them or something came up. If Cherrypaw had a good reason, then Blazingcomet would forgive her. Or if he was early, then he would have to apologize for accusing her in the first place. The orange tom paced back and forth, his mind racing. If she didn't show up soon, he could get out of training - and then go to meet Petal.

Since he and Drizzleshard had... separated... he hadn't felt quite like himself lately. Petal would fix that. She was a pretty, sweet, good flirting target. Just what he needed at the moment. Or Gingerblossom; even though the feline wasn't a flirting target, he was still quite fond of her. Surprisingly enough, he got along with the she cat, even after trying to flirt with her and being rejected. Whether she knew it or not, she had basically shown her disinterest and Blazingcomet had given up after that. His eyes scanned the training plateau once more, half-hoping that Cherrypaw wouldn't show up and anticipating the moment of her arrival. When his apprentice did arrive, he would definitely be jumping straight into training. She was seven moons old... she'd been training with him for a moon, around the time of his and Drizzleshard's breakup. She'd basically seen him at his worst. He supposed that she could handle him now.

The fact that she was still his apprentice showed that she could handle some stuff being thrown at her, and that impressed Blazingcomet. He was glad that he was nearly over the whole drama with Drizzleshard by now, and if all went well, he just might have a new mate at some point. There was always a chance that he and Petal could become mates - but this time, he would take it a little more seriously. He realized that maybe the flirting was going to have to stop and he was going to have to slow down if he wanted Petal to really be with him.

@Thistledawn
Cherrypaw was late.

She'd been carrying a sparrow to the elder's den when not one, but two of the elders began telling her a story. Normally this would be fine, but Cherrypaw had heard this particular story dozens of times as a kit. Everytime the elders told this tale, the amount of cats that each elder had fought single-pawed grew by at least two. The apprentice doubted that any cat could take on an entire Clan of cats. Even as a kit she thought that was too far fetched. All the same, Cherrypaw couldn't get out of there. They wouldn't. Stop. Talking. They seemed to go on forever and ignored all of the apprentice's desperate pleas to escape. She felt like a fish out of water, flopping uncontrollably and unable to get back to safety. It had gotten to the point that she worried that Blazingcomet may have thought she'd gone missing and reported that to Grousestar and sent out a search patrol for her. It was her own fault, however. She should have guessed that the sparrow would trigger them. That stupid story always starts with a sparrow flying overhead. Stupid sparrow.

Oh, StarClan, save me!

Almost as if on cue, two more SkyClan apprentices entered the den with fresh bedding for the elders' nests. The white she-cat let out a sound that she'd never made before. Her heart lurched with relief, something she didn't even know was possible. Not daring to wait a moment more, Cherrypaw darted out of the den, through the group of cats in the clearing, and out of SkyClan's camp. She raced to the Training Plateau as fast as her little paws could carry her, tripping and cursing occasionally. She was panting and out of breath by the time she came face to face with her mentor.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," The apprentice repeated over and over again. She felt like she was going to hurl from how fast and hard she ran. "The elders-" Pant. "-and the sparrow-" Pant. "-and the story-" Pant. Cherrypaw didn't even bother to finish her sad excuse for a sentence. Instead, she dramatically fell to her side and continued to breath heavily. She looked up at Blazingcomet with bright blue eyes. Perhaps he'd go easy on her today. He'd seemed caught up in his own thoughts when she approached. Maybe he'd be too distracted to train hard. For good measure, she groaned, "I think I'm gonna die!"

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic