View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywood View Post
@Duskflight

The Clan meeting and subsequent announcement from Grousestar had left Rabbitfluff confused, perplexed, even shocked--any variation of the word. Although he was skeptical of additional Clans existing in the first place, the true cause for worry was how easily the leader seemed convinced and willing to pick up the majority of the Clan, then bring them to the aid of these other Clans, despite how little they knew of the situation and the strange cats. Uneasiness had settled in in the pit of his stomach, the fear of being stranded somewhere or walking into a trap gripping the young warrior as he contemplated what this would mean for him and the rest of SkyClan. It wasn't that he wished to deny them help, but he considered this a chance at endangering their ranks with very nothing to gain from it, and he didn't comprehend Grousestar's willingness when the likelihood of it bringing more trouble than good was ever-present in his mind.

Appearing in the mouth of the den, Rabbitfluff looked a bit spooked, eyes glazed with distant anxieties that were swimming in his thoughts, so many that they were difficult to sort. He usually didn't allow anyone, including his remaining family, to witness him in such a vulnerable state, but he determined there was not a second to spare in this matter since Grousestar had elected to set off on their journey soon. Swallowing hard, Rabbitfluff dragged his focus to Grousestar and prepared to speak, but he fell silent again as the disorganization of his ideas caught up with him. "Why?" was what he rather ungracefully blurted out, not judgmental or accusatory, but simply puzzled, perhaps afraid.

Upon realizing that didn't quite make sense on its own, he amended it by quickly going on, "Grousest-- Grouse," he corrected himself, recalling his preference to be addressed informally, "I respect you and your authority as the leader of SkyClan, however I fail to see the appeal in embarking on a treacherous excursion solely to receive.. gratitude? Please don't think me uncharitable," Rabbitfluff rambled, words bleeding together, "but if there is reason for concern, who's to say we are a large enough force to handle it without major losses and frankly I don't believe it would be wise of us to interact with these other Clans when we have lived in relative isolation for countless moons--" his pace began to speed up, the panic evident in his tone, "and it has served us well, kept us safe from outside threats, andwhileIunderstandthedesiretochangethismaybearisk," he finished, taking in a much-needed breath after all that.
After the meeting, the tom had retired to his den to have a much needed meal and quiet time to think and rest up before the journey he planned to commence the following day. To be truthful with himself, he hadn't expected any cat to come to his den after the meeting, he figured they'd be mulling over the information, maybe asking his deputy a few questions before going on with their duties and such, not quite expecting any to come directly to him to ask him questions. Ever since he became leader, he found that cat's had a hard time approaching him to ask him questions, no matter how friendly and cheerful and nonjudgmental he was. He couldn't explain why they did this, but he wanted cat's to know that he was just like another warrior, just like them, they they could talk to him.. That's why he preferred to be called Grouse, it was informal, he felt like it made cat's more relaxed around him, maybe made them forget he was leader, that he was just another kind cat they could easily talk to. So when he heard a voice at the entrance of the den, he looked up from his meal in surprise, finding Rabbitfluff there, not having caught his questions. "Hm?"

Immediately his emerald gaze surveyed the tailless tom's demeanor and realized that he looked rather spooked, anxious even and got the notion that this was about his order for the journey, or had something to do with what he had said on the Skyrock. Now this, this was something he expected, at least a few cat's would be looking like this and he, in the back of his mind, knew that it wasn't unlikely for Rabbitfluff to be one of those cat's. "Come in, come in Rabbitfluff, don't just stand there looking like a mouse caught by the tail." Chuckled out the tom in his usual lighthearted tone.

Though the smaller tom immediately started to blurt out the thing that was on his mind, Grousestar shutting his mouth and offering a smile as he listened to the rather light-furred tom. What the warrior was saying was exactly what his mind had nagged on about, that it was a dangerous and that they would really get nothing out of it, this was a reckless endangerment of lives and that he should turn these cat's away and go back to the relatively peaceful and solitary life they had been living. But his heart? It said otherwise.
"Slow down Rabbitfluff, you might accidentally bite your tongue speaking that fast, take a seat."
Pushing his meal a way, the brown tabby crossed his paws and waited for the other to sit down, not speaking until he had.

"I understand your fear and discomfort for my decision. But Rabbitfluff. These cat's? They need our help. I don't know about you, but I would not be able to stand myself if I sat by knowing that there were cat's needing our help, and we turned them away because I got nothing in return, or that I wanted to remain leading my life in solidarity without contact with other clan's. We don't need anything in return. I'm just fine with the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to help, that I did something and you know what? Maybe it's time for some change. Perhaps it's time for Skyclan to not live in isolation. We've lived in isolation for many, many generations, I believe it is time, if these two cat's are correct, to expose us to other clan's. It may be dangerous, but Skyclan is not made of cowards. We are made of warriors."
All the while speaking, the tom spoke slowly, confidently, all whilst smiling. He believed in his words wholeheartedly and would continue to stand by them because it is what his heart told him to do.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?