View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:31 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywood View Post

Blinking at Grouseflurry as he settled into his spot, Rabbitfluff returned his joyous expression with a bit of a blank one, not opposed to conversing with him but finding it odd when he was a loner. Partially by choice, since he figured he could hold back the stinging comments from time to time. As a socialite and a cat that everybody appeared to know and love, Grouseflurry was much different than he in terms of personality, and, while Rabbitfluff didn't mind his company, he didn't quite understand why he would bother. The purr that he emitted was startling. Well, not terribly. Grouseflurry always found a reason to smile or be cheerful, an admirable trait, though not something he happened to possess as well. With Lemonstar's unexplained disappearance looming over them, that could be what the Clan needed to ensure their spirits were kept high.

In a better mood than usual, his ears were tilted forward in earnest interest, but that didn't erase the innate hesitance he felt toward the other tom. "You don't have to speak for them," Rabbitfluff said, flicking his puff-like tail dismissively. "I don't happen to walk around with my eyes closed, and they make their opinions perfectly clear, I assure you." And it wasn't a bad thing, for he was bothered very little by their attitudes, believing he deserved whatever animosity was directed his way. More often than not, the feeling was mutual.

Unsure how to react, Rabbitfluff offered an appreciative half-smile upon learning Grouseflurry enjoyed his presence, still hoping he wasn't doing this out of pity or some less-than-noble motivation. "I suppose, but that should hardly rank on your priorities," a huff, "considering you're the deputy." To a leader who was seemingly gone without any warning. "I might add, it's shocking that I even cross your thoughts."

The modest chuckle and subsequent response prompted him to raise his eyebrows, a touch perplexed by that and tempted to ask if he was oblivious or ridiculously dull. He had a notion it was the former, as Grouseflurry gave off an air of intelligence, and he held his tongue. "That's one perspective," he pointed out nonchalantly, aware there was an abundance of warriors with varying skills in certain tasks, but maybe Grouseflurry was implying their strengths and weaknesses tended to even out.

Blue gaze meeting Grouseflurry's green, Rabbitfluff contemplated that and lightly shrugged his shoulders, "Do you? By StarClan, that's a surprise-- I was under the impression you were a pessimist." The younger tom was speaking sarcastically and with feigned shock, but not hurtfully; there was no bite to the words.
Grouseflurry's burning optimism caused him to completely overlook the blank look, he didn't mind it one bit, some cats weren't used to company, like that one cat Yarrowpounce, he was a nice tom sure enough, he just wasn't used to company! He often found himself conversing with the meek tom because it seemed like any time he held a conversation with him, it seemed to brighten the tom's mood, so, in a way, that could have been a minor motive in him approaching Rabbitfluff, though there may be other underlying motives as well, sometimes you just couldn't tell with the tabby tom. But one very obvious thing that could always be known about the tom was his emotions, seemingly limited to just that of pure happiness and perhaps even innocence, a purity to him that really only kits seemed to hold. Whether he was innocent or not could be debated, but his happiness and optimism was unquestioned.

The tilted ears of Rabbitfluff were a good sign for Grouseflurry and it allowed him to continue the approach he was going and that was bordering on the more talkative approach, should he have gotten a less interested interaction, he would have proceeded with a different way. "Oh I never would have expected that you would walk around with your eyes closed, that would be too much to ask! I mean, what if you accidentally bump into another cat, that could make for quite the embarrassing incident don't you think? Oh or what if you accidentally stumble over a root, that could lead to some injuries and that wouldn't be good at all!" His eyes widened and he quickly shook his head before he chuckled out, whiskers quivering with lighthearted amusement.

Green gaze momentarily glancing over, he puffed out an exhale with a small flick of his tail, a notion that he was a bit exasperated by the other tom's response. "Wh-Of course it ranks pretty high on my priorities, if it didn't then I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you, now would I? Wait.. Well.. Yes I would, but that's not the point!" Clearing his throat, he flicked his tail and gave himself a second to take another nibble at his mouse before continuing.
"Speaking with the warriors of the clan and checking in on them is very important to me, it has always been important to me and me being deputy makes no difference to that. And what do you mean that it's shocking to find that you would ever cross my thoughts, you're an important addition to this clan Rabbitfluff!" Grouseflurry spoke with a grin and nudged at the tom's shoulder with his tail before looking back at his meal.

Though his eyes did meet with Rabbitfluff's again as the smaller tom spoke out with sarcasm, causing the brown tabby's face to light up and a small bout of laughter to begin escaping him; for some reason, Grouseflurry enjoyed sarcasm quite a lot, it was like telling a joke with the inflection of your voice! "Oh, sorry to give you that impression! But I assure you, I am not a pessimist, I think the correct term is optimist!"

Purring out, he glanced at the meal that the warrior had barely touched and couldn't help but tilt his head a bit in mild curiosity. "Not hungry?" Green gaze flickering to the Rabbitfluff's side, he could tell that the other hadn't exactly been eating regularly, he knew it was leaf-fall, but.. His size wasn't quite right. All of the warriors should at least be decently well fed, so that could mean one of two things, either he was sick, or purposefully not eating, maybe suffering from a lack of appetite due to stress? Depression? Anxiety? Grouseflurry was unsure, but he wouldn't question if Rabbitfluff gave any notion that he did not want to be questioned about the matter.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?