View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

Illusion's pelt seemed to crawl with the unease she felt. His words just echoed once more in her mind before she forcefully pushed them away for good. Although as she did this, they only seemed to be replaced with another threat. Hannibal was trying to get to her. She couldn't let that happen. This time she seemed to be more prepared and didn't react towards his words. Her pelt lay flat once more and her optics shifted towards the gray tom-cat. They held no more emotion and instead seemed to be studying the evil feline next to her.

"Perhaps that would be best for you, but that only half answered my question," she spoke with a calm tone, watching him carefully. "Are you refusing to grow close... well let me reword that," she paused, thinking of the words she was going to say next. "Are you refusing to allow anyone to get to know you... to have someone that you can go to as an ally or a 'friend'?" she asked instead, allowing him some time to answer before she continued. "Or do you think you're better alone for your life?" she finished with her tail tip twitching beside her. The white she-cat simply waited for his answer now. Unsure of how he'd answer, although she expected something about how he doesn't need anyone or that he doesn't want anyone getting that close to him. It was a typical Syndicate cat answer, even though most were hypocrites about it. Perhaps Hannibal was different? Or gave her an unusual answer?
A slight breeze gusted through the rather quiet, dim-lit Syndicate camp, tugging at a few tufts of Hannibal's short grey fur, though he made no move to groom them down, not just yet, his head turning away thoughtfully as he dwelled on the conversation he was having with his former trainee. It was an interesting one for sure, much better than the simple, mindless speak that some cats come up to him with, and the fact that made it all the more interesting, not necessarily to him, but in general, was that it was the one cat who escaped his claws, even if barely. Did any cat even know that aside from the three that were there? Or had Illusion and Hera been smart enough not to talk about it? Hannibal would know if they have, whether cats know it or not, he listens to everything. Even if he looks like he's simply laying there, grooming, he's listening to the conversations, pulling out information that he wants to know.

With his head still turned, the only indication that he was still listening to her was his swiveled ears that were attuned to her. Whether he looked distracted or not, he was listening to her words very carefully, fully aware that Illusion was watching him just as carefully as he was listening. He thought about the question carefully, allowing her to fully finish what she was saying and then giving it some time afterwards, his head not bothering to turn back to look at her when he finally decided to answer. "You know what, you've been fair in answering my question, so I'll be fair in answering yours. I will give you an honest answer Illusion, hows that? "I don't refuse cats from getting close to me, they can try if they do so wish. They can think I'm their friend, but really. I have yet to find a cat that has caught my intention long enough for me to want to keep them alive. Or perhaps I have, but they ended up breaking the only rule I hold when interacting with other cats, one you should know very well." His orange gaze flashed back to her for a moment. "I'm rather indifferent about having 'friends', it doesn't matter to me. But I don't refuse cats from trying, though usually they just all end up the same."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?