Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2017, 10:53 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
@starfall

The glittering scenery around the cats seemed to shine slightly bright, aware of the important tradition that was about to take place. Watching the new Riverclan leader fading into the area as he slipped from the world of the living for the night, Fallow's paws shifted from her spot among the others meant to also give a life. She felt a bit nervous on the matter. She had been in Starclan for a few moons now, but she still wasn't sure really how to give a life. She had never done it nor ever even witnessed it before. But as Fallenstream fully appeared, and glanced the clearing, she felt her nerves melt away. As she moved in his direction, it was as if she suddenly knew what to do. As if out of nowhere, somehow, giving him a life became almost like instinct.

The beautiful light brown tabby broke out of the line and made her way towards the new leader. As she approached, her orbs shone with something other than the stars in her pelt. Pride. Happiness. Compassion. All these emotions when she watched him with a kind blue gaze. She looked over the tom and wondered what he was thinking, how he was feeling by the change of rank. Is he happy? He's spent much of his life disliking and distrusting leaders and deputies, and now he's one of them. Is he afraid of abusing his power? Afraid that no one would acknowledge him because of his own distrust towards high ranking warriors? But the tabby quickly pushed these thoughts aside. She couldn't guess what he was thinking or how he was feeling. But she hoped that he was happy. The molly ad became his Starclan mentor not too long ago, and even though she knew that he had gotten here himself, she couldn't help but feel prideful at the sight of him about to receive his nine lives and even feeling like she may have been a bit of an influence on it. Even if she didn't, she was happy to have been his mentor during that time.

Stopping in front of him, Fallow's pale tail curled. "Hello Fallenstream," the molly dipped her head respectfully to the ebony leader. "I wish we had enough time for a conversation, to sit and talk... but this is something that must get done," she offered a saddened smile at this, genuinely wanting to simply talk with him. "But before I give you a life, I want you to know: I'm very proud of you. You seem to come from a long way and I'm sure that you are surprised that you have come this far. But I am not. You deserve this." Taking a breath, Fallow then went on to complete her role in the process. "Fallenstream, I grant you the life of Compassion," blue orbs dazzled with her own compassion as she said this. "Compassion is something that all cats should have, and something that a leader such as yourself needs," the deceased cat continued. "Compassion allows you to be concerned for others, to care about them and be able to sympathize and empathize. Use this life to be there for your clanmates in their times of need. Use this life to guide you to make a decision that would benefit you clanmates more than yourself," she stretched her neck out to reach his forehead, touching her nose to it. He'll use this life to prevent himself from becoming the type of powerful cat that he hates. Become one who doesn't abuse their power and harm other simply because they can. The molly then added a quit note in a quieter voice. "Use this life to make a home for all those that live in Riverclan."

"It's been an honor," Fallow dipped her head one last time before returning to the line of cats that await their turn to approach the new leader.
The ebony tom watched as a brown molly padded toward him, blue eyes met blue. It felt odd, not to respond that is, not that being in starclan wasn't odd, seeing those who died once again. It was just even stranger, he felt as though he should respond to the molly, tell her that he would protect and cherish her home clan, not that he didn't already, but at the same time he felt it be wisest that he keep his maw shut. As she told him the life she was giving his eyes flickered with understanding, and as she pressed his nose to his forehead a bolt of pain flashed through his body, it lasted for a mere seconds though, as it slowly ebbed away to warmth, softness enveloped him. His muscles rippled as he tried his hardest to keep his balance, still stunned by the sudden jolt of pain. Images of ragged, dirty felines flashed in his head, worried looks, looking for a shelter, food, a warm place to stay. Someone in his dream....dream? Or was it a vision? Either way, someone must have agreed to give them a shelter in the clan, because as soon as their faces lit up he felt warmth spread throughout his whole being, down to his very soul. Once the vision began to fade away, so did the warm feeling, and the peacefulness of the Stars that fluttered around him faded into existence once more. Fallenstream's eyes fluttered open and he watched as Fallow padded off, "I will! I promise!" he called, not caring if it seemed odd or out of line, he would make sure to take care of all his clanmates, not just those who hold a higher status, not just the Senior warriors, no all of them, they're all precious, they're all dear.

The ebony tom lifted his head and looked out to all the star littered pelts, wondering, guessing, at which one would step forward next.

@RedHead
[You're up next ]

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us