Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:07 AM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Larkkit had been watching as Goldeneye received life after life, his starry paws itching to rush to the new leader. Though his life had been short, he was so proud to see a cat that he'd temporarily shared a den with become the next leader. As Maplefall stepped back into the ranks of celestial cats, the little, black tom lurched forward, ampling over toward the new leader with an awkward and unsteady gait but a wide and ecstatic grin on his face.
He stood in front of the new leader now, his blue eyes gleaming with joy and pride. "Congratulations Goldeneye!" the little kit yowled. He loved using his voice here in Starclan. Back when he was alive in Shadowclan, he wasn't able to speak. His tongue had felt thick in his mouth and his brain seemed unwilling to have it move in the way he wanted. "Back when I was alive, I had a lot of problems and it was hard for the cats who took care of me, but even though I couldn't tell them how much all their care and work meant to me, I knew from it that I was loved. I just couldn't show it like I wish I could..." the kit's blue eyes wilted for a moment in sadness. But he perked up shortly. He had an important job to do!
"Goldeneye, with this life, I give you patience. As a leader, if will be your duty to set you clan on the path that is best for them, but some may take time to follow. You will help other cats to be strong, but they'll have to grow at their own pace. You will speak about what is best for the forest and the clans, but some may take time to see reason. When you face these challenges and when it feels like you're getting nothing for all your work, don't give up on them. Be patient with them, like so many were with me."
His speech over, the little tom strained his neck upward to touch noses with the bigger cat. He felt a pang of pity because of how this life would feel: like an aching, agonizing need with no end, a desire for resolution and closure with no way to be certain if such relief would ever come. And then of course, there was the moment of Larkkit's death at the end, as a fox's teeth pierced his body and shook him until his neck broke. Pain, panic, horror, then nothing. When it was done, he stepped back. "I know you'll be busy in Shadowclan, but if you have the chance...could you tell Risingstorm that I'm happy now?" The little tom turned around and limped back into the ranks, sitting on his haunches, a small speck of starlight among them.
Goldeneye tried not to show the shock he felt when he saw Larkkit. He had forgotten that sometimes younger kits and apprentinces went to Starclan, and that almost made something catch in the back of his throat. He didn't want to think about that, but here he was, watching Larkkit. Well, he did look happy for now, which Golden guessed was something that came with going to Starclan. You got pretty much eternal happiness, and that was pretty nice. Instead of the stress one got while alive, you got to be happy. Until then, however, you just had to deal with it, and honestly, it wasn't horrible. Sure, some things could be bad, but eventually, everything gets worked out.

Listening to the kit speak, Goldeneye didn't exactly know what to do. He tilted his head down a bit so that it would be easier for the kit to touch, but suddenly was hit with a jolting pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. That was all he felt for a moment, trembling slightly as he felt himself break out in a cold sweat. This was almost unbearable, worse than any other life so far. He felt like his neck was snapped, and something almost broke inside him as he realized that was how Larkkit died. Golden couldn't really describe how he was feeling right now, his golden and green eyes widening for a moment, before it all went away. He had no idea how long that had lasted, however, it couldn't have been very long. He watched as Larkkit walked away, and nodded, "I-I'll do that," he murmured, still in a slight bit of shock.

3 lives left. There was his internal countdown. Then he would be leader of Shadowclan. Well, he kind of was right now, but then he would have all of his lives. Still, worries slowly crept upon him, and he had to force himself to ignore them, waiting for the next cat silently, soon knowing that he would have to go back to Riverclan camp as Shadowclan's leader.

(( @Random Melody ))