Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2023, 11:46 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

"A word."

Brokenstar let Cindersky have her say. He simply didn't care to play her childish games. He wasn't sure how she could fall so far from the dignified cat she used to be, but here they were. He was in a constant state of disappointment when it came to the younger generations, it seemed.

As he stepped in front of Thrushstar, he held with him an aura of indifference. Too many times, had he urged ThunderClan forward - and for what? "The blind only see themselves and their own interests, but I have always sought to keep ThunderClan secure. You are not getting lives because they must be earned.

"What you've done before this day means nothing. Better deputies excelled in their role, and still failed my Clan. They sing empty promises but lack the willpower to back their words; and are so willing to step down and surrender instead of embrace their calling.

"Stand tall, and rise above the rest. Dedicate yourself to ThunderClan's success and falter nought when faced with challenge, and you shall be rewarded. You will not need to come here again if you pass these trials."
StarClan could easily walk through dreams, and as so lives could be granted while Thrushstar remained in the security of his den.

However Thrushstar felt about this, Brokenstar did not care. He would not give lives to cats so prone to wasting it. If Thrushstar could establish consistency and work ethic, he would allow him to be gifted. Until then.. "One last caution. Heed it well, or be damned to repeat the past.
'Weighed down by a storm, the instability will swallow your Clan whole.'"
On that happy note, he vanished.

[ @Eaglet ]