View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2016, 08:37 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: WindClan's Liberation

Phantomkit tumbled out of the nursery, her eyes wide. She scanned the clearing for her mother, Dovecloud, but she didn't see her. The small kit sat down, her fur fluffed up. She jumped up and ran around, her eyes wide and fur on end, panicked glittered in her icy gaze and she stumbled again, falling. The young kit squeaked and scrambled to her paws, still searching for Dovecloud.

She backed into a corner, shivering in the cold while cats fought in front of her. She wasn't quite sure what was going on, and she didn't see her father either. She shivered, huddling against the den, shaking in the cold and due to the fear of the fighting cats. Already, she'd noticed that there were several cats laying unmoving on the ground.

Are they asleep? Why are they sleeping in a battle? Phantomkit wondered, padding up very slowly to one of them. She prodded them hesitantly with one paw. They reeked of some strange metallic scent, and their fur was cold. As she looked harder, she noticed how their eyes were open, and they whole body of them was cold. Why? This is weird.... She thought, looking up.

“Why are they sleeping?” she asked, half to herself, half to anyone close enough to hear her. Her voice was a whispery squeak, scarcely a whisper. She blinked at the sky, which was cloudy and gray, with odd white stuff drifting down like slow, cold rain. She realized that they must feel so cold because it was cold out.

After a moment she stepped forwards and grabbed as much of the nearest sleeping cat's scruff as she could and pulled with all her might, but it was useless. She tried again once she'd caught her breath, but yet again, the sleeping cats, who were very heavy and limp didn't budge. Instead she started to push against their shoulder, shaking them. “Wake up!” Phantomkit squeaked quietly.

(Open)