Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2024, 01:28 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: The Starcave

A name. A new name, she had been given, and from Wolverine no less. If Lostspark - or, well, she supposed she was Larkrise now - had been less shocked, she likely would have found the situation amusing. But behind the surprise, behind the hint of mirth, Larkrise found genuine gratitude peeking out, waving it's arms wildly about to be noticed among her clamoring feelings. In the end, the partially redeemed molly felt the corners of her mouth tipping upward with... yikes, was she happy?

Wolverine was right, after all. Larkrise was no Lostspark. Hell, Larkrise was not even Larkfire. She had noticed somewhere along the way that Larkfire had died when she'd been blinded, and now Lostspark was dead too, brought out from her grief and into a new light.

Larkfire had been a trapped candle flame that'd burned so bright it'd doused itself.

Lostspark had been a barely glowing ember in the ashes, alone in its struggle, surrounded by the dead.

Larkrise had wings, like the bird she'd been named after. Larkrise had the means to take flight.

Amusement and appreciation warred between one another to shine in Larkrise's fogged gaze as Wolverine stepped back after renaming her. She had been entirely prepared to say her piece and leave - but now? Now, Larkrise knew she'd found a tentative ally, that she could not back away and leave Wolverine to his solitude anymore. She would not thank Wolverine again, because she knew he was already aware of her gratitude, and because she knew she could offer something else that would mean much more than a simple 'thank you'. She could do him one better.

"If Dawnstar does not kick me out of ShadowClan for having visited you again after your parting gift from last time, I will mention meeting you again to her." Larkrise said, tone laced with merriment. She did not think her mother would be very displeased with this new update to her name, but one never knew, did they?

[ @BEAR. - Wolverine ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.