Thread: June Gathering
View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2019, 01:46 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: June Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by |+Tired Rose Child+| View Post
As Breezefeather continued to argue, Wolfeye saw the reason behind it and simply gave a nod. "Fair enough," he meowed. "And for that I am sorry." his pride hated to admit it, but he felt bad for bumping into this younger warrior. His brow furrowed slightly as the other tom's next words. "Oh? I see. You're quite lucky, then." he then smiled. "Ah, the young ones are always running around, aren't they?," he said softly, his voice full of affection. Wolfeye wished he was young again; he wished it every day. He enjoyed listening to young ones playing and running around the camp; it was his favourite way to pass his time. "My mate, Shortsoul, had died a long time ago... She was killed in the Dusk Syndicate battle. She had always wanted kits..." he shook his head. "But that's in the past. I miss her, yes, but I can't dwell on it. It's best to focus on the present.." he blindly glanced up as Breezefeather started to speak. "That certainly makes sense. I can see that." he smiled. "Do you have any dreams? Anything you want to accomplish one day? I had dreams as a kit, but when I got sick and became blind, most of them went right out the window."

Doepaw smiled brightly. "To see... Well, to see is... You get to see all the colours and shapes of the world. There are beautiful things, some things not so beautiful, sometimes there are things that'll hurt your eyes, like the sun. But the most beautiful thing that I'm glad I get to see is the stars at night... They twinkle and shine against a blanket of black, and it's always so stunning.... Then there is a field of flowers. All those colours, red, white, blue, pink, yellow, purple, orange... It's like a rainbow, but not in the sky.." she trailed off when she realized how much she was talking, and she giggled sheepishly. "Oh, I'm sorry," she said while nodding her head to the side. "I'm talking too much, aren't I?"
Breezefeather didn't wanna go in on the subject but felt like he needed to be honest to someone for once, or well he's been talking honesty for the past while, but it would indeed be nice to speak to another warrior who had experienced loss but also one who didn't know him for who he was but for who he is. Giving his chest a small lick and flicking his ears again he focused on the tom. Bunnypaw could take care of herself he believed. Or at least someone would take care of her, she was too sweet for anyone to want to shred her to bits, or so he believed. "I lost my mate, Mistletoe, not too long ago. I actually can't remember when I lost her. I blacked out, couldn't be around anyone and in order to protect others, protect me, protect everyone in general I ran off. And it wasn't that long ago I was found half dead on the moor... Don't know if I would have preferred to still be out there or if just being here is fine. I don't feel alright still. But I am getting better."

"And as for my dreams? I believe honestly, that just getting my mind back in a safe space is what I wish for. Also probably regaining my daughter's trust... I did run off and leave her." He listened to the old tom's own tale and then pawed at the ground slightly. "I don't think I'll achieve much. I just wanna get better. Not even fully recover, I deserve a scar upon my mind for my sins." He looked into the tom's unseeing eyes and asked curiously, "How come you lost your eyesight? You aren't far older than I am and look ready to join the elder's den already."

Doepaw couldn't help but wonder at the words such as blue, rainbow. Of course she had heard them before but never in this context. Yet she knew if she ever had the chance to see, she would most likely refuse it. She loved the dark, she was actually truly terrified of the light or how it was described. Sifting her gray tabby paws she took one and reached forward and actually hit Willowpaw on the shoulder. "Sorry. I just wanted to know where you were. I didn't mean to use force."

The gray/brown tabby had no clue how much strength her body was actually capable of. She knew she was in a good state, from all the running she did and her muscles were still something to be proud of for the nervous wreck that she was. She loved running though, at least when nothing was in her path. She felt like she could out run the wind itself, but she wasn't a windclan cat... no she was stuck in thunderclan with all the undergrowth. "Ya know... Sometimes I just feel misplaced. I dislike all the undergrowth in thunderclan territory, I keep trippin' over everything, but also out here, in the open. I feel so exposed that I don't think I would ever be able to live somewhere where I'll actually be out in the open... And you don't talk too much, rather I just don't talk a lot in general or so I've been told.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee