View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 04:34 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Canineheart nodded, trudging onward with the small, limp rabbit dangling from her jowls. She swayed across the territory, trusting Obsidiansky to check the wind for any prey along the way, as her senses were clogged with the wreak of the fresh-kill. Retracing her steps, Canineheart eventually found the lump of dirt that she had scraped over the other rabbit. Carefully, Canineheart uncovered the rabbit, and comparing it to her other catch, the one that she had caught originally was much bigger than the one that was currently dangling from her jaws. Should I try to catch another? Canineheart wondered, realizing that the small rabbit would barely be a meal for anyone. But not wanting to embarrass herself, or prolong the interaction with Obsidiansky, Canineheart flicked her tail at the rabbit, signaling for her companion to take it. As Obsidiansky rubbed against her in affection, Canineheart cocked her head in confusion, but flicked her tail across his shoulder in appreciation. "Of course," Canineheart muttered through the fur of her rabbit, "I realized that I made you uncomfortable and pressured you, and I don't want to do that." Canineheart considered her sentence for a moment, then added: "No matter what happens, you can count on me to be your friend." She flashed a small smile through the scruff of the rabbit, more to herself than to Obsidiansky; she realized that he would be there for her, even if he had a mate, even if he loved someone else.
The darker tom grabbed the other rabbit, picking it up almost gingerly, like he would a kit - and the creature dangled from his maw, a pleased expression on his features. Her words warmed him through, despite the weather getting colder, and he turned his head so that he could give her another smile. He was more pleased then he had been in a long time. Because he knew that, no matter what happened, he couldn't screw things up with at least one of his friends. Sagewhisker would probably understand as well, which just left... Fawnskip. If he chose Fawnskip, his friends would be hurt, but they wouldn't show it. They would think they weren't good enough for him. Which wasn't the case! If anything, Obsidiansky wasn't good enough for either one of them. He didn't feel good enough at all. He felt like a pile of trash, to be honest. He felt like crowfood. He felt like the worst of the worst. And perhaps he was, maybe he was just the worst of the worst, and as much as he wished the awful deep-down feeling would go away, it was staying there like a bad scratch. Never getting better, just getting worse, then infected. Eventually it could kill him. If it was like that bad scratch, that was. He doubted it would; physically, at least. Emotionally? There was always that chance, but it was a chance that he was going to have to figure out how to take. "And you can always count on me, too." He mewed, muffled through the rabbit in his maw, while he tried to talk around it - without much luck. These goofy moments were getting fewer and fewer, but they were still semi-embarrassing when they happened, and he felt a little awkward having one in front of Canineheart. Especially during a serious conversation.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.