View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2017, 08:48 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melody View Post
Mintkit laughed at his response, grinning. She padded after him, keeping pace easily. She was shorter but seemed to be walking shoulder to shoulder with him, even though their shoulders didn't touch. The she-kit tilted her head, looking up at him and offering a bright smile. "Well, you better be sure, because I'm gonna be the fiercest cat in the Clans." Mintkit really had no desire to become a fierce or strong warrior, she just wanted to do the best for her Clan. "Or," She tilted her head thoughtfully. "Or, I could just use my adorableness to my advantage, huh?" She flashed a grin, shaking her head in amusement. "Rawr, right?" She giggled and nudged her head lightly against the warrior's shoulder, obviously enjoying this. She didn't even seem to notice the territory. She was just focused on her best friend. Other kits would be running around squealing and laughing and playing and touching everything and being loud and noisy and just acting like kits. Normal kits, if given this chance, would not be so calm. But Mintkit wasn't a normal kit, now was she? No. No, the she-cat was definitely no normal kit.

Besides, she was pretty much apprentice age, anyway. Thinking about that had her thoughts on being an apprentice. What would it be like? She just had to wonder about that for a second. She'd be training, of course, but that wasn't much different from what was going on now. Marshjump was already training her. The she-cat smiled to herself, gazing ahead thoughtfully. She really did hope Marshjump became her mentor. She couldn't think of anyone else she really wanted for that. And it wasn't just because they were best friends. The two understood eachother better than any other cats Mintkit had ever seen. Sure, she knew there were other best friends like that. She knew her mother and father had started out as best friends, and they were very close now. But still. Mintkit understood Marshjump, and she was certain he understood her, too. They worked better together. Alot better. And Mintkit really couldn't think of anyone else she had that type of bond with, because there was nobody else. Marshjump was the only one she felt close to on a friend-level. Of course, she was close to her family, and she loved them, but in a different way. It was complicated, Mintkit noted that with a soft chuckle to herself. She paused when she heard Marshjump speak up again, and looked up at the Tom with a smile. "Good." Of course she knew there was no "for-sure", but she was sure it was a fifty-fifty chance.

Mintkit had drifted into her thoughts again but was still focusing on Marshjump. She smirked at his first sentence, then her eyes widened in surprise at his urgent remark. The urgency made her wonder if he was really serious, but she could clearly hear the teasing tone in his voice and it made her laugh a little. Then she widened her eyes and pricked her ears, tilting her head and giving a wide, innocent kit-look. "Mrrowr?" She didn't know whether it was adorable or not, but she was pretty sure it was. It was the look she saw other kits giving their mothers to get them out of trouble or something. And honestly, even though the she-cat wasn't sure, it did look pretty adorable.

Using her adorableness to her advantage did sound like a good idea to Marshjump, and he smirked at her comment. "You'll have every cat in the Clans begging for your friendship," The tom purred as he flicked her shoulder lightly. But he knew that he would always be her best friend, just as she would always be his. He might have other "best friends," or close friends, but Mintkit would always be the one cat he could trust with anything and everything. The one cat he knew he could ask for something and she would be there in a flash. The one cat he knew he could count on to be his partner through life. The one cat he couldn't ever see giving up. He glanced up at the sky, eyeing a bird that was flying overhead. It might have been left behind by it's flock, or it could be heading away on it's own, but whatever the reason for it being by itself, Marshjump felt a little sorry for it. Even birds needed someone they could count on, didn't they?

A lot of the cats in the Clan seemed to be pretty fond of birds, despite the fact that the feathery creatures made up the majority of their diet here - and rodents. Rodents and birds were pretty much all ThunderClanners ate, and yet the cats in the Clan felt 'sorry' for birds, he supposed. He could see where they had gotten the idea that birds were so free spirited. That they were so special. He could understand why, a bird did have a very free spirit. But for him, he thought shrews were more special. They were fierce... they were small, but they caught things that were bigger then them, and they put up a fight against other animals. Against a cat they might not stand a chance, but against something that was another smaller creature, they were more vicious then anything else. Marshjump had once seen a couple of shrews taking on a snake together.

One that even he wouldn't have dared go near. In a way, Mintkit reminded him of a shrew. She was fierce, and tough, and would one day take on anything that dared to mess with her. Until she was able to fight better, however, he would be ready to take on whatever it was that chose to bother his best friend. The silence went on, until he gave the urgent-sounding command to Mintkit to "give him her cutest expression." He could see the surprise in her expression, but she still did as he asked - and just as he had thought, she was about the cutest cat he had ever seen. Her blue eyes were wide and innocent, and her ears were pricked until they were to their full height, as adorable as any pleading kit. The sweet-sounding mrrowr she gave him was full of kit-like innocence and question, and the tom had to bite back a sound of adoration.

"That's perfect! If that doesn't do it, lil' Minty, I don't know what will." The tom got the feeling she would be quite the heartbreaker when she got older. At this stage in life she was still small and cute - but as she matured, she would become more and more beautiful until eventually she held the attention of every young tom in the Clan. And Marshjump would be there, to tell those who had bad intentions to back off and to help her when she did eventually fall in love. Of course at that point, he would probably have a family of his own... and Mintkit would be just like his sister. His kits would probably grow up thinking of Mintkit as their aunt.

(they could but that'd be pretty weird since she'll be their MOTHER

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.