View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2017, 07:19 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

@Zero to Hero

The crisp fall air rose a amber leaf from the grassy floor, up, spinning, twirling into the sky, before gently and elegantly drifting back to the ground. The young Baykit watched this with intense curiousity, leaping into the air, feebly clawing for the thing as it rose up once more, before a light breeze snatched it away faster than a RiverClan warrior snatches up fish from a stream. A look of disappointment gradually morphed onto the kit's brown tabby face, before he turned to chase after another leaf; this one crimson.
This routine played out for a rather long amount of time, before Baykit slowly became bored of this; the wind always won anyways. So he turned, his hazel eyes searching for anything else he could entertain himself with, before his gaze finally rested upon an unusually coloured tomcat whom he recognised to be Coastkit; another kit from another litter. Baykit had always been slightly envious of the other's unique pelt, though he'd never spoken to the tom. He'd always noticed that Coastkit was a very twitchy cat, always fidgeting and moving about. Baykit considered greeting the other, though wasn't sure if this other kit was nice or not.

A part of Baykit reminded him that there was about a 50/50 chance of this other cat being nice, though another reminded that there was still a 50/50 chance of this tom being mean, so to be safe, Baykit sat down, tail wrapped around his paws, and watched. He'd learned quickly that there was a lot you could learn about another by simply watching them; when talking to a cat outright, they can put on a show. Maybe boast and act like they feel highly about themself, but deep down, they're self conscious. But when you watched the other without them knowing, they acted simply like themself. If that made any sense. Baykit had yet to learn that this behaviour was considered creepy and otherwise known as stalking but in this point in time, the young tabby thought nothing of it.
Eventually, though, Baykit got to his paws and took a deep breath. Ill just ask if he wants to play. No harm in that! If he's mean and says no, I just won't have to talk to him ever again. Simple. He reassured himself as he padded over to the other. You'll never become leader if you can't talk to another kit without worrying! Baykit scolded himself, before opening his mouth and meowing,
"Hello," in a awkward manor, though loud enough for the other to hear. "I'm Baykit. Wanna play?" He asked curiously, hoping for the other to say yes. Baykit applauded himself mentally, having done exactly what his mother reminded him to do every day. I was friendly. Check. I introduced myself. Check. I asked if they wanted to play. Check. Baykit thought, smiling physically now, proud of himself for remembering everything.
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da

Last edited by meraki; November 16th, 2017 at 07:20 PM.