View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017, 10:39 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Scorchingflame was so pleased to hear Shellfeather reassure him that she wouldn't be leaving him. Of course, he was rather pained to hear `best friend` instead of what he expected... but he was still working on trying to get her to love him. He knew the `I love yous` would be exchanged soon - he was working so hard to get them there! And with a certain russet-colored tomcat out of the picture, Scorchingflame knew his chances were great. Especially seeing how Shellfeather relied so heavily on him, and even considered him her best friend.

What he didn't expect to hear was Shellfeather telling him he'd be a father... to her kits. Those who knew Scorchingflame's intentions would tell him this is what he wanted, but no, this isn't what he wanted. He just wanted Shellfeather to love him... and then later they could worry about possible kits. He was silent for a few moments as he struggled to wrap his brain around the idea of being a father.

Could he be the father these kits deserved? Probably not. In some sick and depressing way, Scorchingflame knew he'd terribly disappoint these kits. After all, he wasn't even completely accepted into the Clan. Most likely, he'd end up leaving the Clan either by force or personal decision before the kits were even born. But he couldn't tell Shellfeather that... could he? No, I want to enjoy however much time I have left with her. Scorchingflame finally rid himself of his shocked expression, the disbelief leaving him. He laughed breathlessly, joyously. ``We're - We're going to be parents, Shellfeather! Can you believe it?`` A foolish grin crossed his muzzle. In all honesty, though he expected he'd unintentionally completely destroy these kits' hope in him, he was excited to have them.

Shellfeather was worried for a moment at the shocked expression on Scorchingflame's face. Of course she knew he would've been shocked, but there seemed to be something more, deeper in the depths of his eyes. But while she was trying to figure it out, he regained a happy expression, all of the other emotions gone.
It's probably nothing to worry about. The queen reassured herself, smiling back at him. As he meowed about being parents in excitement, Shellfeather opened her mouth, but stopped before she said anything. She was about to say, 'I already am a parent' in a joking way, but then she realized he probably wouldn't take it in the joking manner she had intended. So she said something else instead. "Yes, yes we are Scorchingflame. And I bet these kits are going to be absolutely beautiful." She meowed, then stepped a bit closer to him.
"I-I know you're not exactly ready to be a father, there's so much that has happened to you recently. I just hope that, whenever you need it, you just take a break. I've had kits before, I know how difficult it can be. But I've learned how to handle it. And I don't want you to see these kits as an annoying mound of fur," She laughed a little, remembering her first litter that she had, and how annoying she had thought they were at times. "but rather as precious beings, the clan's future leaders and warriors." She kept her blue gaze focused on his, her head tilted up slightly, due to his height. "So, just know,
take a break whenever you need to. And I'll be there to help you as well. We can support each other."

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.